GOG Winter Sale has started

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

GOG Winter Sale has started

Post by dreammaster »

Or Summer sale, for those of you still Down Under :D It seems like the previous sale has only just finished, but what the hey, discounted games at GOG

Starting off the sale, the Lucasfilm Classics bundle may be of interest to anyone who needs to pad out their ScummVM game collection. I also see in the Daily Deals I Have No Mouth, as well as both Call of Cthulu games which, whilst not currently supported, may be supported eventually.
fabmin

Post by fabmin »

Hello everyone,

I bought a pack on GOG.com ten games Lucas Art (Sam & Max: Hit the Road, The Dig, Loom, Afterlife, Monkey Island, etc ...). Games obviously rotate with Scumm.
The problem I face is that to access the game menu, you must press the F5 key. Only this key, Windows 8 (my OS) opens the paramettres pane to the right of the screen. I find myself on the desk with the console (I think that's the name) opened. Unable to access the menu or to make a backup of my party, or to remove subtitle, or anything.
I tried a variety of key combinations but nothing happens.

If someone has an idea or it's ever been faced with this problem, his opinion will be welcome.

Thank you.

Sorry for my "Google Translate English".
raina

Post by raina »

fabmin wrote:The problem I face is that to access the game menu, you must press the F5 key. Only this key, Windows 8 (my OS) opens the paramettres pane to the right of the screen.
Is this a laptop with special prioritized functions on the F# keys? If so, you should be able to hold down the Fn key while you press F5 to send a plain F5 keypress.
fabmin

Post by fabmin »

raina wrote:
fabmin wrote:The problem I face is that to access the game menu, you must press the F5 key. Only this key, Windows 8 (my OS) opens the paramettres pane to the right of the screen.
Is this a laptop with special prioritized functions on the F# keys? If so, you should be able to hold down the Fn key while you press F5 to send a plain F5 keypress.
I ended up finding: as I use the "Wireless all-in-one keybord TK820" from Logitech, I had to disable the "key F advanced" mode.

thank you

Hooray! Now I just play my favorite games.