ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > iPhone Port > ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by GottOgGamalt
quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
Can anybody try the Curse Of Monkey Island (COMI) ?

For some reason, ScummVM crashes after I try to start the game.


Also crashes here, iPhone 6 plus. (iOS 9.2)
Compiled using xcode gui. Followed instructions as given in the readme.

Tried 3 games. All crash just after launch.


It would be interesting to see where the application crashes! Could you please run the application from Xcode, and tell me, in the code, where the application stops?
 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

Anyway, the great news is that this branch has been merged into the official repository!
This branch will now be deleted from GitHub Smile

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
atombone1180



Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 17
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
xcode issue? 

I am quite new to sideloading in ios9 via xcode. I have successfully used it to sideload provenance but im having trouble with the scummvm port. Source Control > Check Out > (i enter in https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm.git) I select the master branch and tell it where to downlaod to. the download seems to get slow at 191.9mb, then finishes, xcode seems to close and my mac opens a finder window to where xcode downloaded scummvm. It doesnt let me get to where i actually build the file on the apple tv. Sorry if i missed anything important in explaining this: can anyone help me? thanks in advance Smile

 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
Re: xcode issue? 

quote:
Originally posted by atombone1180
I am quite new to sideloading in ios9 via xcode. I have successfully used it to sideload provenance but im having trouble with the scummvm port. Source Control > Check Out > (i enter in https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm.git) I select the master branch and tell it where to downlaod to. the download seems to get slow at 191.9mb, then finishes, xcode seems to close and my mac opens a finder window to where xcode downloaded scummvm. It doesnt let me get to where i actually build the file on the apple tv. Sorry if i missed anything important in explaining this: can anyone help me? thanks in advance Smile


This will be a little more complicated for ScummVM than for the Provenance emulator, because Provenance is an iOS project, where ScummVM is a multi-platform project. The build system is not Xcode centric, so, you'll need some extra steps before being able to compile the project.

In a nutshell, you’ll need to compile a tool, called create_project, which will be used to create the ScummVM Xcode project. You'll also need to download some libraries (a ZIP file).

The complete procedure is detailed here: https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/tree/master/backends/platform/ios7.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
atombone1180



Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 17
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
 

First of all, thank you for helping me! Second: I am most certainly an idiot with xcode knowledge but quite capable of figuring this out and following directions. I'm struggling with the create_project part. terminal reads:
-bash: create-project: command not found
which leads me to believe there is some sort of binary that i dont have. The read me in the link you sent me states "The next step is to compile the create_project tool." This tells me i should already know how that is accomplished. You also mentioned libraries i may not have, which is something else i cannot discover. I am able to retrieve the data from github without issue and understand the file structure of where everything needs to be and how build the project in xcode. My issue seems to be a "failure to launch" so to speak. Again, thank you for providing your time and support with this.

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by atombone1180
First of all, thank you for helping me! Second: I am most certainly an idiot with xcode knowledge but quite capable of figuring this out and following directions. I'm struggling with the create_project part. terminal reads:
-bash: create-project: command not found
which leads me to believe there is some sort of binary that i dont have. The read me in the link you sent me states "The next step is to compile the create_project tool." This tells me i should already know how that is accomplished. You also mentioned libraries i may not have, which is something else i cannot discover. I am able to retrieve the data from github without issue and understand the file structure of where everything needs to be and how build the project in xcode. My issue seems to be a "failure to launch" so to speak. Again, thank you for providing your time and support with this.


Here is a script which should work out-of-the-box: it downloads all the needed tools, and open the generated Xcode project.

First, create a directory somewhere on your disk, and then, create a "prepare_workspace.sh" file in this directory with this content:

code:

#!/bin/bash

LIBS_ZIP_URL="http://bsr43.free.fr/scummvm/ScummVM-iOS-libraries.zip"
GIT_REPO_URL="https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm.git"

# Clone the repository
git clone "$GIT_REPO_URL"

# Compile create_project
(cd scummvm/devtools/create_project/xcode; xcodebuild)

# Create the workspace
mkdir build
cd build
curl -L "$LIBS_ZIP_URL" -O
unzip ScummVM-iOS-libraries.zip
rm ScummVM-iOS-libraries.zip

../scummvm/devtools/create_project/xcode/build/Release/create_project ../scummvm --xcode --enable-fluidsynth --disable-jpeg --disable-bink --disable-16bit --disable-mt32emu --disable-nasm --disable-opengl --disable-theora --disable-taskbar
open scummvm.xcodeproj




After that, quit your editor, and execute:

code:

chmod +x prepare_workspace.sh ; ./prepare_workspace.sh




Once in Xcode, select the target you want to compile, and press Cmd+R.

Last edited by bSr43 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total
 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
md5
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 2256
Location: Athens, Greece
 

You should be able to checkout master again for iOS

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
atombone1180



Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 17
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
 

Well, after much trial and error, I finally got it installed on my iphone 6! Much Kudos to you bSr43, thank you for your time and effort!
One small thing i wanted to point out and am in no way complaining, the line:
"chmod +x prepare_workspace_sh ; ./prepare_workspace.sh" required a (.) where the (_) is with "prepare_workspace_sh". Im sure it was a fat finger (just reference for anyone else that needs this helpful info to get it running on a non-jailbroken ios device). Thanks again man, i am truly grateful for your assistance.

I assume this will run on the new apple tv as well but i was having an issue with xcode detecting the apple tv when trying to compile the build. Maybe it wont compile for apple tv in its current state? Either way, thats a project for some other time. Again, thanks a million! I hope i can contribute again sometime (i made the icons for the ios build several years back)

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
atombone1180



Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 17
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
 

quote:
Originally posted by md5
You should be able to checkout master again for iOS


What changed?
 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by atombone1180
Well, after much trial and error, I finally got it installed on my iphone 6! Much Kudos to you bSr43, thank you for your time and effort!
One small thing i wanted to point out and am in no way complaining, the line:
"chmod +x prepare_workspace_sh ; ./prepare_workspace.sh" required a (.) where the (_) is with "prepare_workspace_sh". Im sure it was a fat finger (just reference for anyone else that needs this helpful info to get it running on a non-jailbroken ios device). Thanks again man, i am truly grateful for your assistance.



Ouch, a typo, indeed Smile I wrote these last two lines without testing, my bad, I have edited the original message so that anyone who want it can use the script directly. I think that I'll also add all this to the "README.md" file on the ScummVM repository.


quote:

I assume this will run on the new apple tv as well but i was having an issue with xcode detecting the apple tv when trying to compile the build. Maybe it wont compile for apple tv in its current state? Either way, thats a project for some other time. Again, thanks a million! I hope i can contribute again sometime (i made the icons for the ios build several years back)


I was interested in porting ScummVM to the new AppleTV, but there is a big problem with this target: we cannot upload the game data files to it with iTunes the way we do for the other iOS devices...
 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
md5
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 2256
Location: Athens, Greece
 

quote:
Originally posted by atombone1180
quote:
Originally posted by md5
You should be able to checkout master again for iOS


What changed?


Support for SCI32 games is disabled in stable versions, as that's still a work in progress. Some recent changes to the SCI engine would break if SCI32 support was not enabled.
 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
atombone1180



Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 17
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
 


quote:

Support for SCI32 games is disabled in stable versions, as that's still a work in progress. Some recent changes to the SCI engine would break if SCI32 support was not enabled.


ok, understood, thank you Smile is SCI32 responsible for space quest 6, kings quest 7, phantasmagoria and the like?

Last edited by atombone1180 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
atombone1180



Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 17
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
 


quote:

I was interested in porting ScummVM to the new AppleTV, but there is a big problem with this target: we cannot upload the game data files to it with iTunes the way we do for the other iOS devices...


A possible solution could be to allow for ftp access (if thats what it is) similar to how provenance does it for the Apple TV? I would assume this would require coding on the ios port though eh?
 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
md5
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 2256
Location: Athens, Greece
 

quote:
Originally posted by atombone1180

quote:

Support for SCI32 games is disabled in stable versions, as that's still a work in progress. Some recent changes to the SCI engine would break if SCI32 support was not enabled.


ok, understood, thank you Smile is SCI32 responsible for space quest 6, kings quest 7, phantasmagoria and the like?


All Sierra SCI games since Gabriel Knight 1, i.e.:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Sierra_Game_Versions#SCI2
 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
atombone1180



Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 17
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
 

I saw that Smile very informative! Thank you Smile

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next


Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge