ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SubElement

Post by SubElement »

sofakng wrote:Can anybody try the Curse Of Monkey Island (COMI) ?

For some reason, ScummVM crashes after I try to start the game.
I've only played a little bit, but works for me.
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

sofakng wrote:Hmmm, no. I'm just using the defaults.

I'm also using the iPad Pro... (but other games work perfectly)

Would anything show in the system log?
How did you compiled the application? Xcode, or command line?
It would be interesting to see where the application crashes in Xcode.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

I've compiled it using the command-line. More specifically, I'm using Jenkins (CI build server) to build and sign and then it upload it to my internal web server where my iPad can download it.

I can manually compile it using Xcode and see which it's breaking though.

Also, I just purchased the Apple Smart Keyboard but the keys don't seem? (i.e. Police Quest 1)
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

sofakng wrote:I've compiled it using the command-line. More specifically, I'm using Jenkins (CI build server) to build and sign and then it upload it to my internal web server where my iPad can download it.

Also, I just purchased the Apple Smart Keyboard but the keys don't seem? (i.e. Police Quest 1)
Are you compiling with the MAD, Vorbis, FluidSynth, FreeType and PNG libraries? If you run the « ./configure » script without any other arguments than the ones given in the README instructions, maybe you don't have support for a required feature for COMI.

About the external keyboard, this is not yet implemented, sorry about that :/
SubElement

Post by SubElement »

bSr43 wrote:
sofakng wrote:About the external keyboard, this is not yet implemented, sorry about that :/
Did you have a look at my features requests? Any thoughts?
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

SubElement wrote: Did you have a look at my features requests? Any thoughts?
I missed it, sorry.
1. Yes, the flash is a little bit annoying. I’ll take a look,
2. I need to look at the other platforms, in order to see if there is a common way to permanently change a setting.
3. The rotation is used to make the keyboard appear. Maybe you should better use the iOS rotation lock in that case?
4. Right now, I don’t know, but I’ll publish a message here if I need it, thank you! :)
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

bSr43 wrote:
sofakng wrote:I've compiled it using the command-line. More specifically, I'm using Jenkins (CI build server) to build and sign and then it upload it to my internal web server where my iPad can download it.

Are you compiling with the MAD, Vorbis, FluidSynth, FreeType and PNG libraries? If you run the « ./configure » script without any other arguments than the ones given in the README instructions, maybe you don't have support for a required feature for COMI.

About the external keyboard, this is not yet implemented, sorry about that :/
I've used the exact command-line from the readme. I'm also using xcodebuild and not 'make' so it should be very similar to an Xcode GUI build. I'll take a look at the arguments again though.

That's too bad about keyboard support but perhaps someday you might have free time to add it? :)

Thanks again for everything!
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

sofakng wrote: I've used the exact command-line from the readme. I'm also using xcodebuild and not 'make' so it should be very similar to an Xcode GUI build. I'll take a look at the arguments again though.

That's too bad about keyboard support but perhaps someday you might have free time to add it? :)

Thanks again for everything!
Oh, OK, I thought that you were compiling from a Linux box, with the custom toolchain, but, indeed, the xcodebuild command should result in the same binary than what you compile directly from Xcode.

Regarding the keyboard, if I can find the time to look at how it works, maybe :) I don’t have the smart keyboard yet, because it only exists in US layout: I’m waiting the French AZERTY layout to purchase one :D
camargo

Post by camargo »

Hi bSr43,

Any special reason to not enable 16bit support? Need this for MI2.
MI2 seems to run fine in my iPad if 16bit support is enable.

Thanks for the port!
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

camargo wrote:Hi bSr43,

Any special reason to not enable 16bit support? Need this for MI2.
MI2 seems to run fine in my iPad if 16bit support is enable.

Thanks for the port!
No, there is no special reason, other than the fact I started to work on the port using the command line which was provided by the original developers :)
SubElement

Post by SubElement »

bSr43 wrote:
SubElement wrote: Did you have a look at my features requests? Any thoughts?
I missed it, sorry.
1. Yes, the flash is a little bit annoying. I’ll take a look,
2. I need to look at the other platforms, in order to see if there is a common way to permanently change a setting.
3. The rotation is used to make the keyboard appear. Maybe you should better use the iOS rotation lock in that case?
4. Right now, I don’t know, but I’ll publish a message here if I need it, thank you! :)
1. Awesome! Thanks, hope you can figure out what's going on.
2. Hopefully you can change it, the miss clicks happen more than I would like.
3. While this is fine on an iPad, orientation lock on the iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s only locks to portrait mode. Pretty sure the iPhone 6/6s Plus allows you to lock landscape.
4. No worries, let me know!
GottOgGamalt

Post by GottOgGamalt »

sofakng wrote:Can anybody try the Curse Of Monkey Island (COMI) ?

For some reason, ScummVM crashes after I try to start the game.
Also crashes here, iPhone 6 plus. (iOS 9.2)
Compiled using xcode gui. Followed instructions as given in the readme.

Tried 3 games. All crash just after launch.
SubElement

Post by SubElement »

This is super interesting. I wonder why mine is working fine, and you and sofakng's aren't.
BummsGeordy

Post by BummsGeordy »

I can't say how much I want to thank you!!! :) this is the one and only thing that i missed over the years on the iOS platform :)

while compiling - I got 3 errors - is this normal or is there something to do about it - App runs fine by the way..

THANK YOU!!! :)
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

BummsGeordy wrote:I can't say how much I want to thank you!!! :) this is the one and only thing that i missed over the years on the iOS platform :)

while compiling - I got 3 errors - is this normal or is there something to do about it - App runs fine by the way..

THANK YOU!!! :)
Sorry, I haven't seen your message :|

Maybe it was just some warnings? I know that there are a few in one of the engines, but they are not really important :)