ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > iPhone Port > ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
Can anybody try the Curse Of Monkey Island (COMI) ?

For some reason, ScummVM crashes after I try to start the game.


I've only played a little bit, but works for me.
 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
Hmmm, no. I'm just using the defaults.

I'm also using the iPad Pro... (but other games work perfectly)

Would anything show in the system log?


How did you compiled the application? Xcode, or command line?
It would be interesting to see where the application crashes in Xcode.
 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sofakng



Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 31
 

I've compiled it using the command-line. More specifically, I'm using Jenkins (CI build server) to build and sign and then it upload it to my internal web server where my iPad can download it.

I can manually compile it using Xcode and see which it's breaking though.

Also, I just purchased the Apple Smart Keyboard but the keys don't seem? (i.e. Police Quest 1)

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
I've compiled it using the command-line. More specifically, I'm using Jenkins (CI build server) to build and sign and then it upload it to my internal web server where my iPad can download it.

I can manually compile it using Xcode and see which it's breaking though.

Also, I just purchased the Apple Smart Keyboard but the keys don't seem? (i.e. Police Quest 1)


Are you compiling with the MAD, Vorbis, FluidSynth, FreeType and PNG libraries? If you run the ę†./configure†Ľ script without any other arguments than the ones given in the README instructions, maybe you don't have support for a required feature for COMI.

About the external keyboard, this is not yet implemented, sorry about that :/
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

[quote="bSr43"]

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
About the external keyboard, this is not yet implemented, sorry about that :/


Did you have a look at my features requests? Any thoughts?
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by SubElement

Did you have a look at my features requests? Any thoughts?


I missed it, sorry.
1. Yes, the flash is a little bit annoying. Iíll take a look,
2. I need to look at the other platforms, in order to see if there is a common way to permanently change a setting.
3. The rotation is used to make the keyboard appear. Maybe you should better use the iOS rotation lock in that case?
4. Right now, I donít know, but Iíll publish a message here if I need it, thank you! Smile
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sofakng



Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 31
 

quote:
Originally posted by bSr43
quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
I've compiled it using the command-line. More specifically, I'm using Jenkins (CI build server) to build and sign and then it upload it to my internal web server where my iPad can download it.

I can manually compile it using Xcode and see which it's breaking though.

Also, I just purchased the Apple Smart Keyboard but the keys don't seem? (i.e. Police Quest 1)


Are you compiling with the MAD, Vorbis, FluidSynth, FreeType and PNG libraries? If you run the ę†./configure†Ľ script without any other arguments than the ones given in the README instructions, maybe you don't have support for a required feature for COMI.

About the external keyboard, this is not yet implemented, sorry about that :/

I've used the exact command-line from the readme. I'm also using xcodebuild and not 'make' so it should be very similar to an Xcode GUI build. I'll take a look at the arguments again though.

That's too bad about keyboard support but perhaps someday you might have free time to add it? Smile

Thanks again for everything!
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng

I've used the exact command-line from the readme. I'm also using xcodebuild and not 'make' so it should be very similar to an Xcode GUI build. I'll take a look at the arguments again though.

That's too bad about keyboard support but perhaps someday you might have free time to add it? Smile

Thanks again for everything!


Oh, OK, I thought that you were compiling from a Linux box, with the custom toolchain, but, indeed, the xcodebuild command should result in the same binary than what you compile directly from Xcode.

Regarding the keyboard, if I can find the time to look at how it works, maybe Smile I donít have the smart keyboard yet, because it only exists in US layout: Iím waiting the French AZERTY layout to purchase one Very Happy
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
camargo



Joined: 08 Dec 2015
Posts: 1
 

Hi bSr43,

Any special reason to not enable 16bit support? Need this for MI2.
MI2 seems to run fine in my iPad if 16bit support is enable.

Thanks for the port!

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by camargo
Hi bSr43,

Any special reason to not enable 16bit support? Need this for MI2.
MI2 seems to run fine in my iPad if 16bit support is enable.

Thanks for the port!


No, there is no special reason, other than the fact I started to work on the port using the command line which was provided by the original developers Smile
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

quote:
Originally posted by bSr43
quote:
Originally posted by SubElement

Did you have a look at my features requests? Any thoughts?


I missed it, sorry.
1. Yes, the flash is a little bit annoying. Iíll take a look,
2. I need to look at the other platforms, in order to see if there is a common way to permanently change a setting.
3. The rotation is used to make the keyboard appear. Maybe you should better use the iOS rotation lock in that case?
4. Right now, I donít know, but Iíll publish a message here if I need it, thank you! Smile


1. Awesome! Thanks, hope you can figure out what's going on.
2. Hopefully you can change it, the miss clicks happen more than I would like.
3. While this is fine on an iPad, orientation lock on the iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s only locks to portrait mode. Pretty sure the iPhone 6/6s Plus allows you to lock landscape.
4. No worries, let me know!
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
GottOgGamalt



Joined: 17 Dec 2015
Posts: 1
 

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
Can anybody try the Curse Of Monkey Island (COMI) ?

For some reason, ScummVM crashes after I try to start the game.


Also crashes here, iPhone 6 plus. (iOS 9.2)
Compiled using xcode gui. Followed instructions as given in the readme.

Tried 3 games. All crash just after launch.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

This is super interesting. I wonder why mine is working fine, and you and sofakng's aren't.

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
BummsGeordy



Joined: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 1
 

I can't say how much I want to thank you!!! Smile this is the one and only thing that i missed over the years on the iOS platform Smile

while compiling - I got 3 errors - is this normal or is there something to do about it - App runs fine by the way..

THANK YOU!!! Smile

 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by BummsGeordy
I can't say how much I want to thank you!!! Smile this is the one and only thing that i missed over the years on the iOS platform Smile

while compiling - I got 3 errors - is this normal or is there something to do about it - App runs fine by the way..

THANK YOU!!! Smile


Sorry, I haven't seen your message Neutral

Maybe it was just some warnings? I know that there are a few in one of the engines, but they are not really important Smile
 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next


Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge