ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > iPhone Port > ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng

Is this something you would be able/willing to fix? Smile


I have an iPad Pro, so yes, it's likely to be fixed:D
 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sofakng



Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 31
 

Great! I just got my iPad Pro this weekend. So far I like it... What are your impressions?

 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
Great! I just got my iPad Pro this weekend. So far I like it... What are your impressions?


The screen is simply gorgeous, I definitely love the Apple Pencil for taking notes, and it's soooooo fast. So far, a great product Smile
But clearly not a laptop replacementÖ
 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

Holy... What... WOW! Shocked

I come by this forum once every one or two months hoping someone has worked on a way to get this on my phone legally. Never did I think this would happen so soon.

bSr43, thank you so much! I'm downloading the tools now to compile and put it onto my phone. I'm running an iPhone 6s and an iPad mini 4.

I'll provide feedback for both! I can't wait!

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
thatinkjar



Joined: 06 Dec 2015
Posts: 8
 

It's great to see everyone's reactions. It's a Christmas miracle!

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

Hi guys,

a new version has been pushed: now you can use the scalers (2xSaI, Super2xSaI, SuperEagle, AdvMame2x, AdvMame3x, HQ2x, HQ3x, TV2x, and DotMatrix). Youíll need to remove some of the arguments to the create_projet tool, of course. The README page has been updated anyway.

Also, the GUI has been scaled down for the iPad Pro.

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

So, finally figured out how everything works. Compiled directly to my iPhone.

Now, not sure if I am doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to be optimised for the iPhone 6 display? You can usually tell by the size of the keyboard that pops up in an app, and it definitely looks like it's being built for an iPhone 5 size display.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Everything seems to be working as normal, scaling wise, on my iPad mini 4.

Also, I agree with the above, the App Icon definitly needs work, but amazing work so far loving it!

Edit 2: I've attached an image comparing ScummVM to a native app (Notes) showing the difference in scale http://imgur.com/qZ7veNN

Edit 3: Any chance of adding FluidSynth to the audio settings?

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

Please update to the version I just pushed, and itíll use the new keyboard on iPhone 6/6+.

Regarding FluidSynth, I donít know how much work it requires. Does it bring a real advantage over the current audio?

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

quote:
Originally posted by bSr43
Please update to the version I just pushed, and itíll use the new keyboard on iPhone 6/6+.

Regarding FluidSynth, I donít know how much work it requires. Does it bring a real advantage over the current audio?


Thanks man! I'll build and test it when I get home from work!

In regards, to Fluidsynth, I guess it depends how much of a purist you are. If you have a copy of Sam and Max, you can compare the no Fluidsynth music to this YouTube video and compare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0HPVwxxl0

Let me know what you think, and thanks again for your hard work.
 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by SubElement

In regards, to Fluidsynth, I guess it depends how much of a purist you are. If you have a copy of Sam and Max, you can compare the no Fluidsynth music to this YouTube video and compare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0HPVwxxl0

Let me know what you think, and thanks again for your hard work.


I had a look, and... it was not too complicated to compile FluidSynth (and the required glib) for iOS.

You can pull the changes from my GitHub repository. In order to activate the FluidSynth audio backend, youíll need to re-download the ZIP file, containing all the precompiled libraries. Once compiled, and installed, just copy a SF2 soundfont using iTunes, and set the soundfont option, in the MIDI tab of ScummVM, to the file you just copied.
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

quote:
Originally posted by bSr43
quote:
Originally posted by SubElement

In regards, to Fluidsynth, I guess it depends how much of a purist you are. If you have a copy of Sam and Max, you can compare the no Fluidsynth music to this YouTube video and compare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0HPVwxxl0

Let me know what you think, and thanks again for your hard work.


I had a look, and... it was not too complicated to compile FluidSynth (and the required glib) for iOS.

You can pull the changes from my GitHub repository. In order to activate the FluidSynth audio backend, youíll need to re-download the ZIP file, containing all the precompiled libraries. Once compiled, and installed, just copy a SF2 soundfont using iTunes, and set the soundfont option, in the MIDI tab of ScummVM, to the file you just copied.


I just got home and sync'd the repo. Saw the changes you just made.

Can't wait to try it out!
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
SubElement



Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
 

Everything seems to be working fantastically! Scaling seems to be fixed, and FluidSynth seems to be working a treat!

Some more suggestions if you don't mind:


    1. Is there any way to fix the screen flashing when an overlay appears? Like when you enable or disable a mouse function?

    2. Perhaps a setting or permanent change to SETTINGS gestures being THREE finger swipe? I find myself accidentally touching two fingers to right click and changing a setting, or changing a setting and right clicking through some dialogue. Two finger for right click should remain the same.

    3. Can we get an orientation lock setting and/or gesture? I guess to either lock the orientation in portrait or landscape. May I suggest two/three finger swipe left?

    4. Is there anything you would like me to test?

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
sofakng



Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 31
 

Can anybody try the Curse Of Monkey Island (COMI) ?

For some reason, ScummVM crashes after I try to start the game.

 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
bSr43
ScummVM Porter


Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 33
Location: Lille, France
 

quote:
Originally posted by sofakng
Can anybody try the Curse Of Monkey Island (COMI) ?

For some reason, ScummVM crashes after I try to start the game.


At least, the French version of COMI works well on my iPad, and iPhone. Do you have a scaler enabled? The resolution is pretty high in COMI, and scalers require a lot of memory (and are not really useful in this case).
 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sofakng



Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 31
 

Hmmm, no. I'm just using the defaults.

I'm also using the iPad Pro... (but other games work perfectly)

Would anything show in the system log?

 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next


Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge