ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

Hello thatinkjar,

Thank you for your feedback!

Indeed, I don’t have a real iPhone 6, or 6S, so I tried to guess a correct common resolution, but I clearly did it wrong :D I’ll take a look at how I could improve that!

Regarding the multitasking, you’re right. I tried to implement the bare minimum to handle multitasking, but it was not working well, so I decided to remove the whole thing in this first commit. That being said, I’ll do my best to improve the situation.
thatinkjar

Post by thatinkjar »

Thanks for the quick and positive response :)

This port has been dead for a very long time, so even if you don't make any more improvements, you've done more than most. Good luck :)
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

Multitasking should work now ;)
thatinkjar

Post by thatinkjar »

Oh my god, how did you manage to get it working so quickly? :D

I haven't installed the new version yet, but I will do so today or tomorrow.

Out of interest, are you keeping an eye on how many downloads you're getting? I'm curious if more people have tried this and haven't posted their experiences. I suspect a lot of people lost hope on an iPhone port and don't check this sub forum too often.
thatinkjar

Post by thatinkjar »

OK, I couldn't resist trying it straightaway :lol:

Multitasking appears to work perfectly! Great job!

Now we just need an artist to replace that hideous app icon and we have ourselves an excellent port!
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

Unfortunately, I don’t have any information about the download count.

A quick update to tell you that the resolution should be better now. Also, *maybe* you’ll have two versions of ScummVM on your device if you compile the latest one. If that’s the case, please don’t forget to transfer your savegames, and your game files before deleting the old version :)
thatinkjar

Post by thatinkjar »

Awesome :) Were the resolution changes in the multitasking update yesterday or did you just update it with these changes?
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

thatinkjar wrote:Awesome :) Were the resolution changes in the multitasking update yesterday or did you just update it with these changes?
This is something I just pushed right now :)
thatinkjar

Post by thatinkjar »

Oooh. I will take a look tonight when I get home from work. Did the changes make any difference to the larger 5.5" screen as well?

I have moved to a 6s Plus now but happy to try it on my 6s and let you know :)
tcamargo

Post by tcamargo »

Hi!

Forgot to change the Scheme. Compiling... :D

Thanks for the port!
I am trying to compile it now. Should I compile SDL manually? I am asking because I am getting the following error message:

/Users/camargo/Projects/scummvm/scummvm/common/scummsys.h:276:12: 'SDL_endian.h' file not found

If I am doing something wrong, please, let me know.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

This is the best news I've seen in a long, long time! Thank you SO MUCH for updating the port!

I just have one request though ... is it possible to update the resolution so it's more compatible with the iPad Pro?

Again - thank you SO MUCH!
thatinkjar

Post by thatinkjar »

I've just tried the new build. Did you make any more changes to multitasking support? I've encountered a couple of times where the app didn't resume properly after switching apps.
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

sofakng wrote:This is the best news I've seen in a long, long time! Thank you SO MUCH for updating the port!

I just have one request though ... is it possible to update the resolution so it's more compatible with the iPad Pro?

Controls are a little bit small on the iPad Pro, indeed.
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

thatinkjar wrote:I've just tried the new build. Did you make any more changes to multitasking support? I've encountered a couple of times where the app didn't resume properly after switching apps.
No, I didn't, but like there is still many thing to do to improve the multitasking :-/
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

bSr43 wrote:
sofakng wrote:This is the best news I've seen in a long, long time! Thank you SO MUCH for updating the port!

Controls are a little bit small on the iPad Pro, indeed.
Is this something you would be able/willing to fix? :)