[Solved] Dreamweb: Crash late in game

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

r_Alf

[Solved] Dreamweb: Crash late in game

Post by r_Alf »

Hi,

im using Linux Mint (Mate) and ScummVM 1.7.0. I'm fairly new to Linux and compiling stuff, so i'm not sure if it might be me doing something wrong.

I'm playing the german version of dreamweb downloaded here, but also tried the uk disk and cd versions. Dreamweb crashes when i collect the second last stone under the church.

Log:
[2015-02-20 14:28:40] WARNING: SDL mixer output buffer size: 2048 differs from desired: 4096!
[2015-02-20 14:28:40] WARNING: You are missing a valid 'translations.dat' file. GUI translation will not be available!
[2015-02-20 14:28:40] WARNING: Could not find theme 'scummmodern' falling back to builtin!
[2015-02-20 14:29:15] Out of Ex object memory!
It seems to be the count of stones i collect, not a specific one which causes this.

Is it really a bug or are there settings i could try to adjust to get it work?

Hopefully i could express myself somehow understandable.
Last edited by r_Alf on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Dreamweb: Crash late in game

Post by eriktorbjorn »

r_Alf wrote: Is it really a bug or are there settings i could try to adjust to get it work?
Sounds like a bug to me. Does it always happen, i.e. do you have a savegame that makes it easy to reproduce? It doesn't crash with one of my old savegames, so I can't try it myself.

If you do have a reproducable crash, the bug tracker is a better place to report, though I can certainly understand checking to see if others have had the same thing happen first.
r_Alf

Post by r_Alf »

I have a savegame where it crashes all the time i try, but since you could play it, i restarted all over again and could finish the game now. :)

Wouldn't have tried without your feedback, thanks.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Could you please file a bug report? That's a bug and we'd like to have it fixed.
r_Alf

Post by r_Alf »

I realized, that it's only the last line representing the crash, the others come from starting scummvm.

Bugreport filed.