Scummvm on W800i?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bringdapain

Scummvm on W800i?

Post by bringdapain »

Hey o/

Have been reading around to see if it’s in any way possible to get Monkey Island to work on my W800i, but all this sybian OS and Java malarkey goes right over my head! From what I understand they operate on two different platforms and it’s not possible for a w800i to run Scumm on it, just wanted to confirm with someone before I smash my phone and face up and pop down old bill station for a code for a new free phone :P
olki
ScummVM Developer

Post by olki »

Symbian is an operating system used by some mobile phones. A list of mobile phones using it can be found here: http://www.symbian.com/phones/index.html (although I do not know how comprehensive it is). ScummVM might or might not work on some or all of them. You will need to hear from first hand experience whether the phone will run ScummVM. The SE W800 does NOT run Symbian.

Java on the other hand is a programming language. Most modern phones include a Java virtual machine that can run programs written in J2ME. ScummVM is written in C++ and will never be capable of running on a phone supporting only Java.

So no, there is no way to get ScummVM to run on your phone.
bringdapain

Post by bringdapain »

olki wrote: Java on the other hand is a programming language. Most modern phones include a Java virtual machine that can run programs written in J2ME. ScummVM is written in C++ and will never be capable of running on a phone supporting only Java.
Exactly what I was thinking :P

Thanks for clarifying, will just stick it on a PSP instead then