Quits on launch on Android Lollipop developer preview

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eisnerguy1
Got a warning

Quits on launch on Android Lollipop developer preview

Post by eisnerguy1 »

So, I've got the Android Lollipop Developer Preview (build lpx13d) installed on my Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi). I just downloaded ScummVM from the Play Store. I tried launching it and I got kicked back to the home screen. Just thought I should let you guys know.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Already known.

For future reference, that's where bug reports should go.
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

Hi there. Has there been any progress on the 5.0 problem? Would installing a daily build fix it or anything?

Sorry if I'm being a bother. :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

No.

EDIT: But now: yes!
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

clone2727 wrote:No.

EDIT: But now: yes!
Thanks for the quick response. It still looks like it's crashing on 5.0, unless the daily build isn't the proper one yet.

The version number is 1.8.0git if that's the one you fixed.

Is there a log somehwere that I could send you?

edit:

Nevermind, I realize I'm being impatient, the .apk date is 11/10, I'll download it again tomorrow (or whenever the daily is updated) and try it again.

Once again, thanks for your help.
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

Hey, just let me say, thanks for that update :) The latest daily build seems to work fine on my Nexus 5 and new Nexus 9, at least the few games I started up for a test (both on stock Lollipop)
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

chrisis wrote:Hey, just let me say, thanks for that update :) The latest daily build seems to work fine on my Nexus 5 and new Nexus 9, at least the few games I started up for a test (both on stock Lollipop)
Yup, stock Lollipop with my 2013 Nexus 7 it works as well. Thanks a ton!
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

Okay, I found something that's kind of weird. I'm not sure if this happened on previous versions as well as I hadn't used ScummVM on Android for a while now, anyway, on some games (Gobliiins, Hugo's House of Horror and Lands Of Lore at least, those I'v tried, I'm sure there are more) it's impossible to input text, either on the passowrd window (Goobliiins), the parser (Hugo) or in the save textbox (you can still save, but you can't name the save). The virtual keyboard just never comes up. I remember when I used ScummVM on Android earlier, there was the keyboard symbol available any time in so you could always bring it up manually, but that symbol simply isn't here.

Interestingly, the virtual keyboard comes up automatically just fine during the copy protection screen on Monkey Island 2...

Is that already known, or do you think I should file a bug report? (Or does anybody know how to force the keyboard to come up?)

EDIT: OK I just found out/ remembered you just need to long press the "option" button on the right bottom to bring up the keyboard. Slightly embarrassed :)
widar

Post by widar »

As long as no other stable build is up on Google Play, are you at least going to change the max-sdk-level of the current one to KitKat?
monkeymadness

Post by monkeymadness »

Can someone provide a little more clarification on this? I searched the forums and it is not helping me understand what I need to do. I downloaded the latest stable build (http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html) to my android (Google Nexus 5-lollipop). When I start ScummVM up the program still won't start up.
widar

Post by widar »

monkeymadness wrote:I downloaded the latest stable build (http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html) to my android (Google Nexus 5-lollipop). When I start ScummVM up the program still won't start up.
You need to download the latest development build, not stable.

Works for me on Nexus 6 & 9 (both on Android 5.0.1).
monkeymadness

Post by monkeymadness »

Ok I guess I should have tried the development build. Works great. Thanks!
Quester

Post by Quester »

Hello folks!

I've tried every single tip in here but couldn't get as far as sucessfully installing the last build (1.8 version) but it can't recognize any games (tried with both versions of Monkey Island).

Does it require any plugins? If so were can I download them?

I'm using Android 5.0 on a Moto X 2nd generation.
widar

Post by widar »

The latest nightly builds include the engine plugins. What exactly did you download?
Quester

Post by Quester »

The latest development build from Android (ARM).

A zip, with and .apk and a few .txt. Installed the apk, but it didnt recognize the games. I've tested this copies before and they work properly.