touche 5th musketeer - right clicking menu issue

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andwan0

touche 5th musketeer - right clicking menu issue

Post by andwan0 »

Some games like touche needs to hold down the right mouse button like full throttle, but on iphonr touch screen, a right click is only right click and quick release. cannot keep the menu up....
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I assume you have read this?:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone#Controls

"Toggle Click+Drag mode Hold one finger on screen, swipe another up from bottom to top. In this mode, a mouse click is sent immediately when you touch the screen, drags to wherever you slide your finger, and releases where you lift your finger. If you press down a second finger in this mode, you effectively release the left mouse button, and press down the right one (which is then released when you lift your finger again). Useful for Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island and Full Throttle."

I think that should solve the issue you are seeing.
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

digitall wrote:I assume you have read this?:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone#Controls

"Toggle Click+Drag mode Hold one finger on screen, swipe another up from bottom to top. In this mode, a mouse click is sent immediately when you touch the screen, drags to wherever you slide your finger, and releases where you lift your finger. If you press down a second finger in this mode, you effectively release the left mouse button, and press down the right one (which is then released when you lift your finger again). Useful for Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island and Full Throttle."

I think that should solve the issue you are seeing.
Thank you so much. Yes this helps a lot :D
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

The left-click and drag
right-click and drag

could easily be implemented by detecting a press-hold-drag
which can be differentiated from a click (quick tap).

While the drag-enabled-mode is quite good, it's still quite trouble-some for Touche game. While I can bring up the menu from a hold-right-click, am unable to select a menu item coz it requires a right-click.

Ofcourse, the drag-disabled-mode... allows us to swipe our finger across the screen which allows the mouse pointer to hover over items for the tooltips.