The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime Sound Distortion (GOG)

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime Sound Distortion

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clone2727 wrote:The entire game is made of movies, so saying it's restricted to that is not much :wink:
Well, there is the main menu, the credits and the occasional pause in the movies. ;-)
clone2727
Retired

Re: The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime Sound Distortion

Post by clone2727 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Well, there is the main menu, the credits and the occasional pause in the movies. ;-)
The credits are a movie too :wink:
RyanFialcowitz

Post by RyanFialcowitz »

clone2727 wrote:Is "BigMovie.movie" missing from "Opening_Closing"?
It is actually- should I locate and move it?

Edit
I can't find BigMovie.movie- but I do have BigMovie_hq.ogg in that same folder.

Further Edit
Perhaps unsurprisingly the movies play perfectly in VLC.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

RyanFialcowitz wrote:Edit
I can't find BigMovie.movie- but I do have BigMovie_hq.ogg in that same folder.
That's a different file.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you right now. My guess for a while has been "too slow to buffer audio" in Theora, but your machine should easily be able to handle it. My 11/12-year-old iMac G4 is able to play the Theora videos fine even, so not having it play fine on yours is a bit scary.
RyanFialcowitz

Post by RyanFialcowitz »

clone2727 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you right now. My guess for a while has been "too slow to buffer audio" in Theora, but your machine should easily be able to handle it. My 11/12-year-old iMac G4 is able to play the Theora videos fine even, so not having it play fine on yours is a bit scary.
Your efforts are appreciated. Presto Studios seems content to blame Windows and leave it at that- or at least I haven't heard talk of a forthcoming fix. . .

What about reencoding the offending movies or perhaps using the original versions of the Macintosh release?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

RyanFialcowitz wrote:Your efforts are appreciated. Presto Studios seems content to blame Windows and leave it at that- or at least I haven't heard talk of a forthcoming fix. . .
Perhaps you misunderstand. This all comes back to me. I'm the developer.

There will be a fix eventually, hopefully. For now, there is none.
RyanFialcowitz

Post by RyanFialcowitz »

clone2727 wrote:Perhaps you misunderstand. This all comes back to me. I'm the developer.

There will be a fix eventually, hopefully. For now, there is none.
I didn't mean to offend- the situation is just frustrating. I'm glad the issue is being looked into, that's all I wanted to hear. Thanks for your help.