New adventure Humble Bundle out

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

New adventure Humble Bundle out

Post by dreammaster »

The latest weekly Humble Bundle includes 12 adventure games if you meet the price threshold, including both of the quite good Book of Unwritten Tales games. Speaking of the BOUT, they've also put up a Kickstarter for a sequel. They've already far exceeded their funding goal, so now it's about how many stretch goals can be reached.
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

Good call. I've been meaning to pick up the Book of Unwritten Tales games for a while. It is $6, but you get BOUT & it's prequel and a bunch of other games as well.I have a couple already, but still worth it. Or you can pay a penny for Dead Reefs and Vampire tale and 99 cents more gets you Safecracker and Aura & Steam keys.

I gotta tell ya, I love these bundles. Even though I only play about 1 in every 5 games I get, they're always worth getting; especially the penny bundles.
I've found a bunch of games thru these bundles I never would have bought on my own. And you usually get DRM free binaries for multiple OSes so you don'
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Unfortunately, most of the games do not run on GNU/Linux.

And The Book of Unwritten Tales... Well, there's this issue that has been known for a year now, with the issue traced to the Ogre libraries the game ships with, yet there hasn't been any peep from the developer at all about it. Neither on Steam, nor on their own forums.
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

Yeah, unfortunately this bundle isn't too heavy on Linux builds, but a lot of their bundles are. And they give you every version, when it's available so you don't ever have to buy multiples. I have a laptop that came with windows, run mint Linux on my home box, and have several android devices so I love that. That's something I wish GOG would do.

I gotta say I there's a lot more options for Linux games then there used to be. The only games I used on Linux used to be ID games (doom, quake, etc) then as time went on SCUMMVM and DOSBOX games.
Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

Post by Serious Callers Only »

You can play most ags games now from the interpreter port.
lazylazyjoe

Broken Sword 2 on Humble

Post by lazylazyjoe »

Broken Sword 2 remastered is on the Humble Bundle for next two weeks.(Some other games too, type:rider looks interesting)
This doesn't include the original(no Scummvm support)but, you get 4 different DRM free builds (Linux,Mac,Windows, AND Android) for a penny.

I just picked up BS2 on Google play last week for $1 and have been revisiting it on my phone all week. I forgot how much I liked it. This makes the 4th time Ive bought it.