QUERY: controls

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andwan0

QUERY: controls

Post by andwan0 »

From the wiki page, there's no where that mentions how to bring up the keyboard?

We need the keyboard to type in the "filename" for saved games for those old games... like elvira, etc.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: QUERY: controls

Post by LordHoto »

andwan0 wrote:From the wiki page, there's no where that mentions how to bring up the keyboard?

We need the keyboard to type in the "filename" for saved games for those old games... like elvira, etc.
You'll need to flip your device into portrait mode, it will automatically open up the keyboard.
andwan0

Re: QUERY: controls

Post by andwan0 »

LordHoto wrote:
andwan0 wrote:From the wiki page, there's no where that mentions how to bring up the keyboard?

You'll need to flip your device into portrait mode, it will automatically open up the keyboard.
Thanks man, this helps a lot.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Have added that note to the IPhone wiki page for future users reference.
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

digitall wrote:Have added that note to the IPhone wiki page for future users reference.
Also add that the Function keys F1-F10 are remapped to the secondary keyboard, keys below the numbers
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

andwan0: Thanks, but I think that is already listed. See:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone#Controls
joanthedark

Post by joanthedark »

Quick question, is there any way to swap mouse buttons? (For example, "Single tap" for right click and "hold finger + tap" for left click).
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

No, but it might be a good idea for a feature request to add a checkbox to swap L and R mouse buttons globally in the Options->Input dialog.

This would be especially useful for people who are left-handed and thus used to that kind of reversal for Mice.

It would work by swapping the EVENT_LBUTTONDOWN with EVENT_RBUTTONDOWN etc. at event input level, so that this would work in all engines.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

joanthedark wrote:Quick question, is there any way to swap mouse buttons? (For example, "Single tap" for right click and "hold finger + tap" for left click).
There currently is no way to do that. However, I am curious on why would you want to do that?
joanthedark

Post by joanthedark »

digitall wrote:No, but it might be a good idea for a feature request to add a checkbox to swap L and R mouse buttons globally in the Options->Input dialog.

This would be especially useful for people who are left-handed and thus used to that kind of reversal for Mice.
Thank you for the answer digitall, I'm glad to know you found more ideas than the one I had, that means it gets more uses than it should have the day you guys implement it.
LordHoto wrote:There currently is no way to do that. However, I am curious on why would you want to do that?
You see, LordHoto, playing Eye of the Beholder (I or II, both work same way) is a bit different than playing Lands of Lore. If you want to attack (or cast a spell) from one of your characters, you have to right click, otherwise left click will pick up the weapon the character has. Sometimes you need quick reflexes to attack with your two frontal party members (would have to
"hold finger + tap" 4 times if both are dual wielding, which makes it very complicate) otherwise enemies can kill you quickly.

These games support right click in the directional pad shown on screen for moving, just as if you were using left click, so there wouldn't be a problem if you want to single tap to move with right click.

Just for reference: