ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > iPhone Port > QUERY: controls
QUERY: controls
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
andwan0



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 39
QUERY: controls 

From the wiki page, there's no where that mentions how to bring up the keyboard?

We need the keyboard to type in the "filename" for saved games for those old games... like elvira, etc.

 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 30 Oct 2005
Posts: 1030
Location: Germany
Re: QUERY: controls 

quote:
Originally posted by andwan0
From the wiki page, there's no where that mentions how to bring up the keyboard?

We need the keyboard to type in the "filename" for saved games for those old games... like elvira, etc.


You'll need to flip your device into portrait mode, it will automatically open up the keyboard.
 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
andwan0



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 39
Re: QUERY: controls 

quote:
Originally posted by LordHoto
quote:
Originally posted by andwan0
From the wiki page, there's no where that mentions how to bring up the keyboard?

We need the keyboard to type in the "filename" for saved games for those old games... like elvira, etc.


You'll need to flip your device into portrait mode, it will automatically open up the keyboard.


Thanks man, this helps a lot.
 Reply with quote  
Post Thu May 29, 2014 7:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
digitall
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 796
 

Have added that note to the IPhone wiki page for future users reference.

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri May 30, 2014 1:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
andwan0



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 39
 

quote:
Originally posted by digitall
Have added that note to the IPhone wiki page for future users reference.


Also add that the Function keys F1-F10 are remapped to the secondary keyboard, keys below the numbers
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri May 30, 2014 8:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
digitall
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 796
 

andwan0: Thanks, but I think that is already listed. See:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone#Controls

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri May 30, 2014 9:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
joanthedark



Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
 

Quick question, is there any way to swap mouse buttons? (For example, "Single tap" for right click and "hold finger + tap" for left click).

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
digitall
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 796
 

No, but it might be a good idea for a feature request to add a checkbox to swap L and R mouse buttons globally in the Options->Input dialog.

This would be especially useful for people who are left-handed and thus used to that kind of reversal for Mice.

It would work by swapping the EVENT_LBUTTONDOWN with EVENT_RBUTTONDOWN etc. at event input level, so that this would work in all engines.

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 30 Oct 2005
Posts: 1030
Location: Germany
 

quote:
Originally posted by joanthedark
Quick question, is there any way to swap mouse buttons? (For example, "Single tap" for right click and "hold finger + tap" for left click).


There currently is no way to do that. However, I am curious on why would you want to do that?
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
joanthedark



Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
 

quote:
Originally posted by digitall
No, but it might be a good idea for a feature request to add a checkbox to swap L and R mouse buttons globally in the Options->Input dialog.

This would be especially useful for people who are left-handed and thus used to that kind of reversal for Mice.


Thank you for the answer digitall, I'm glad to know you found more ideas than the one I had, that means it gets more uses than it should have the day you guys implement it.

quote:
Originally posted by LordHoto
There currently is no way to do that. However, I am curious on why would you want to do that?


You see, LordHoto, playing Eye of the Beholder (I or II, both work same way) is a bit different than playing Lands of Lore. If you want to attack (or cast a spell) from one of your characters, you have to right click, otherwise left click will pick up the weapon the character has. Sometimes you need quick reflexes to attack with your two frontal party members (would have to
"hold finger + tap" 4 times if both are dual wielding, which makes it very complicate) otherwise enemies can kill you quickly.

These games support right click in the directional pad shown on screen for moving, just as if you were using left click, so there wouldn't be a problem if you want to single tap to move with right click.

Just for reference:


 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 



Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge