ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Wii Port > Test-Candidate of ScummVM 1.9.0 for WII Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Test-Candidate of ScummVM 1.9.0 for WII
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
AReim1982



Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 24
Location: Germany
 

Me and one other person made a complete playthrough of CoMI. We did not had any coredumps or hangs.

@47iscool:
->
you told that you are a "game hacker", do you use some special ios's for analysing, manipulating and freezing the memory of the wii??? How do you run ScummVM and what ios do you use? Do you have any more problems with your wii or with the external hdd?

You should try the following steps:
1) run ScummVM with ios 58
2) use an other external hdd and try the other usb Port
3) use an other sdcard
4) make a fresh copy of CoMI from your original cd's to your hdd and use a new version of scummvm-tools for converting the audio files
5) check your wii system files and may make an update of them
<-

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
47iscool



Joined: 12 May 2014
Posts: 48
Location: United States
 

quote:
Originally posted by AReim1982
Me and one other person made a complete playthrough of CoMI. We did not had any coredumps or hangs.

@47iscool:
->
you told that you are a "game hacker", do you use some special ios's for analysing, manipulating and freezing the memory of the wii??? How do you run ScummVM and what ios do you use? Do you have any more problems with your wii or with the external hdd?

You should try the following steps:
1) run ScummVM with ios 58
2) use an other external hdd and try the other usb Port
3) use an other sdcard
4) make a fresh copy of CoMI from your original cd's to your hdd and use a new version of scummvm-tools for converting the audio files
5) check your wii system files and may make an update of them
<-


Wii: 4.3U
ScummVM launched with no_ios_reload enabled in the xml which enables IOS58
HBC 1.1.0

Device: SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16GB flash drive.

It's not just CoMI which freezes also the talkie editions of 1 & 2 do the same. CoMI isn't corrupted either because it has no problems at all running on 1.2.0

Also I haven't used any tools for the audio at all, just copied straight from the CD's. I just put the files in the resource folder.
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
AReim1982



Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 24
Location: Germany
 

@47iscool:
ScummVM 1.2.x had an older version of the libfat library which handles the communication between wii and the external drive. It also handles the access to the fat32 partition.

Maybe you should try another fresh formatted external drive. If it's possible use an external harddisk and not an usb stick.

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
47iscool



Joined: 12 May 2014
Posts: 48
Location: United States
 

quote:
Originally posted by AReim1982
@47iscool:
ScummVM 1.2.x had an older version of the libfat library which handles the communication between wii and the external drive. It also handles the access to the fat32 partition.

Maybe you should try another fresh formatted external drive. If it's possible use an external harddisk and not an usb stick.


At the moment I don't have an external hdd. I have tried two flash drives with the same result so I guess flash drive compatibility must have been partially broken in the newer versions of ScummVM. I know most people say to use an hdd instead of a flash drive but I have to make do with what I have right now, especially when bills come first.
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
AReim1982



Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 24
Location: Germany
 

@digitall:
What we have to do when we want to release v1.7 for wii???

 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
digitall
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 818
 

The Wii porter (who is listed as dhewg) has to do a formal release build:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Nintendo_Wii

This is as per the Release Team instructions and the offical tagged tarball sent to the mailing list (sent by sev).

As the instructions say, the porter then uploads the build to the FRS (File Release System) on Sourceforge and the website and download pages will be amended by the Release Team to link to that.

 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
AReim1982



Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 24
Location: Germany
 

@digitall:
I thought that dhewg did not work on the Wii-port/Wii-scene anymore for years. Maybe there should be more than one Wii-porter.

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
digitall
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 818
 

Maybe... but no response from the Core team when I last mooted Porter Teams:
http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/mailman/message/31823503/

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
AReim1982



Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 24
Location: Germany
 

I have compiled a new binary from the ScummVM 1.7.0 source. You can download my latest binary here:
-> http://www.mediafire.com/download/bsyxil7u9sxazz3/scummvm-1.7.0-wii-b1.zip

Thank you for testing.

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 326
Location: Belgium
 

I changed the thread title to match the version. Thanks for this new version!

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Cricri
Guest




 

quote:
Originally posted by AReim1982
I have compiled a new binary from the ScummVM 1.7.0 source.


Thanks for keeping the Wii up to date! Very Happy I only had a quick go at Maniac Mansion and didn't spot any issues.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:46 am 
 
fwannmacher



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 3
 

Can I add a game in a DVD? Just the SD and USB options appear for me.

 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
fwannmacher



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 3
 

quote:
Originally posted by fwannmacher
Can I add a game in a DVD? Just the SD and USB options appear for me.


Ok. I realized that I have to mount it. But when I try that I just get an error.

Last edited by fwannmacher on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
fwannmacher



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 3
 

quote:
Originally posted by fwannmacher
quote:
Originally posted by fwannmacher
Can I add a game in a DVD? Just the SD and USB options appear for me.


Ok. I realized that I have to mount it. But when I try that I just get an error.


Problem solved! I was trying to start ScummVM from a forwarder, but when I start it from HBC I can mount the DVD without problems.

I believe it's because the IOS58.
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Eduardo911



Joined: 24 Aug 2014
Posts: 2
 

is anyone else getting a weird pause/delay whenever you click something in the Neverhood using this 1.7 wii build? other games don't seem to have the issue, and trying neverhood on pc i don't have the issue either

game loads up instantly, just seems to stop and think for 3 seconds or so everytime you 'do' something

have tried two sdcards (one class 2 and one class 10), as well as a usb flash drive in case it was a problem with the storage, but same issue. also happens both on a wii and on a wiiu's vwii

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge