Test-Candidate of ScummVM 2.0.0 for WII

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

Me and one other person made a complete playthrough of CoMI. We did not had any coredumps or hangs.

@47iscool:
->
you told that you are a "game hacker", do you use some special ios's for analysing, manipulating and freezing the memory of the wii??? How do you run ScummVM and what ios do you use? Do you have any more problems with your wii or with the external hdd?

You should try the following steps:
1) run ScummVM with ios 58
2) use an other external hdd and try the other usb Port
3) use an other sdcard
4) make a fresh copy of CoMI from your original cd's to your hdd and use a new version of scummvm-tools for converting the audio files
5) check your wii system files and may make an update of them
<-
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

AReim1982 wrote:Me and one other person made a complete playthrough of CoMI. We did not had any coredumps or hangs.

@47iscool:
->
you told that you are a "game hacker", do you use some special ios's for analysing, manipulating and freezing the memory of the wii??? How do you run ScummVM and what ios do you use? Do you have any more problems with your wii or with the external hdd?

You should try the following steps:
1) run ScummVM with ios 58
2) use an other external hdd and try the other usb Port
3) use an other sdcard
4) make a fresh copy of CoMI from your original cd's to your hdd and use a new version of scummvm-tools for converting the audio files
5) check your wii system files and may make an update of them
<-
Wii: 4.3U
ScummVM launched with no_ios_reload enabled in the xml which enables IOS58
HBC 1.1.0

Device: SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16GB flash drive.

It's not just CoMI which freezes also the talkie editions of 1 & 2 do the same. CoMI isn't corrupted either because it has no problems at all running on 1.2.0

Also I haven't used any tools for the audio at all, just copied straight from the CD's. I just put the files in the resource folder.
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

@47iscool:
ScummVM 1.2.x had an older version of the libfat library which handles the communication between wii and the external drive. It also handles the access to the fat32 partition.

Maybe you should try another fresh formatted external drive. If it's possible use an external harddisk and not an usb stick.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

AReim1982 wrote:@47iscool:
ScummVM 1.2.x had an older version of the libfat library which handles the communication between wii and the external drive. It also handles the access to the fat32 partition.

Maybe you should try another fresh formatted external drive. If it's possible use an external harddisk and not an usb stick.
At the moment I don't have an external hdd. I have tried two flash drives with the same result so I guess flash drive compatibility must have been partially broken in the newer versions of ScummVM. I know most people say to use an hdd instead of a flash drive but I have to make do with what I have right now, especially when bills come first.
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

@digitall:
What we have to do when we want to release v1.7 for wii???
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

The Wii porter (who is listed as dhewg) has to do a formal release build:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Nintendo_Wii

This is as per the Release Team instructions and the offical tagged tarball sent to the mailing list (sent by sev).

As the instructions say, the porter then uploads the build to the FRS (File Release System) on Sourceforge and the website and download pages will be amended by the Release Team to link to that.
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

@digitall:
I thought that dhewg did not work on the Wii-port/Wii-scene anymore for years. Maybe there should be more than one Wii-porter.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Maybe... but no response from the Core team when I last mooted Porter Teams:
http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/mailma ... /31823503/
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

I have compiled a new binary from the ScummVM 1.7.0 source. You can download my latest binary here:
-> http://www.mediafire.com/download/bsyxi ... wii-b1.zip

Thank you for testing.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

I changed the thread title to match the version. Thanks for this new version!
Cricri

Post by Cricri »

AReim1982 wrote:I have compiled a new binary from the ScummVM 1.7.0 source.
Thanks for keeping the Wii up to date! :D I only had a quick go at Maniac Mansion and didn't spot any issues.
fwannmacher

Post by fwannmacher »

Can I add a game in a DVD? Just the SD and USB options appear for me.
fwannmacher

Post by fwannmacher »

fwannmacher wrote:Can I add a game in a DVD? Just the SD and USB options appear for me.
Ok. I realized that I have to mount it. But when I try that I just get an error.
Last edited by fwannmacher on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
fwannmacher

Post by fwannmacher »

fwannmacher wrote:
fwannmacher wrote:Can I add a game in a DVD? Just the SD and USB options appear for me.
Ok. I realized that I have to mount it. But when I try that I just get an error.
Problem solved! I was trying to start ScummVM from a forwarder, but when I start it from HBC I can mount the DVD without problems.

I believe it's because the IOS58.
Eduardo911

Post by Eduardo911 »

is anyone else getting a weird pause/delay whenever you click something in the Neverhood using this 1.7 wii build? other games don't seem to have the issue, and trying neverhood on pc i don't have the issue either

game loads up instantly, just seems to stop and think for 3 seconds or so everytime you 'do' something

have tried two sdcards (one class 2 and one class 10), as well as a usb flash drive in case it was a problem with the storage, but same issue. also happens both on a wii and on a wiiu's vwii