Test-Candidate of ScummVM 2.0.0 for WII

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Checked with the latest nightly build. Same behaviour i.e. USB keyboard is fine, USB mouse doesn't work.

No DSI errors. I can only suggest that you wipe your scummvm configuration file as it may be corrupted and see if that fixes the problem.

I can replicate the issue you describe with the Virtual Keyboard. Shift is cleared from the keypress queue if you press any _alpha_ character and replaced by the upper case version of the alpha character. This does not occur if you combine with other modifiers or press a F key, numeric or symbol which are not "shiftable".

This is an intention design choice in the current virtual keyboard code. I think I can change this, but I don't know if I should.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

digitall wrote:Checked with the latest nightly build. Same behaviour i.e. USB keyboard is fine, USB mouse doesn't work.

No DSI errors. I can only suggest that you wipe your scummvm configuration file as it may be corrupted and see if that fixes the problem.

I can replicate the issue you describe with the Virtual Keyboard. Shift is cleared from the keypress queue if you press any _alpha_ character and replaced by the upper case version of the alpha character. This does not occur if you combine with other modifiers or press a F key, numeric or symbol which are not "shiftable".

This is an intention design choice in the current virtual keyboard code. I think I can change this, but I don't know if I should.
You're right, it works now but still, no flac or talkie support. It was my config that was outdated from an earlier version.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

flac is now working, but not talkie support yet.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

No, it is NOT. At least not for the v1.7.0git development master:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/ma ... logs/stdio

<snip>
Checking for FLAC >= 1.0.1... no
</snip>

I assume you have just tried the v1.6.0git stable. As I said previously:
"The stable nightly builds are only performed if there has been a code change within the last 24 hours. As the stable release branch has not had any backports recently, a rebuild is not performed."

That v1.6.0 build predates the buildbot toolchain update. It has not been rebuilt since as there have been no commits to branch-1-6
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

You're right, wrong version. Was up pretty late so I wasn't thinking too straight. Thanks for the correction.
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

@digitall: maybe you have to set --with-flac-prefix={3rd party lib-dir}. I always have to set it manually.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

@AReim1982: Hmm... as long as the 3rd party include and lib directory where flac is installed is present in the CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS respectively, then this should be picked up by the cc_check in configure used for FLAC detection, without needing an explicit --with-flac-prefix parameter to be added.

Will check the buildbot config.log output for this test... This may be related to the outstanding Pull Request #439:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/439
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

DOH!... I updated the 3rd party library for the older devkitPPC-r16 rather than the newer and active r26 :)

Will fix now! :)

47iscool: Please try the next nightly.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

@digitall

flac: not working
talkie MI1: no voice overs
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

47iscool: No... The next nightly has not been built yet:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/ma ... uilds/4341

You are looking for a build with the revision of ec931b26ecc6226de95cd10b5a1ae561ea0f5386
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

flac and talkie is working again, thanks a lot!

Keep up the great work.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I concur that the flac library is now picked up correctly.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

I was also wondering about something else, will Fluidsynth/SF2 soundfont support be added to the Wii version?

I know it has the options in there but when I use them they never make it sound any different. Or, is the Wii too weak for such a thing?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

As you can see from http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/ma ... logs/stdio, libfluidsynth is not currently present.

This has never been present AFAIK and I have no idea if it is possible to build for the Wii PPC target and if the result will work.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

digitall wrote:As you can see from http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/ma ... logs/stdio, libfluidsynth is not currently present.

This has never been present AFAIK and I have no idea if it is possible to build for the Wii PPC target and if the result will work.
All right, thanks for letting me know.