ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Wii Port > Test-Candidate of ScummVM 1.9.0 for WII Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Test-Candidate of ScummVM 1.9.0 for WII
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Checked with the latest nightly build. Same behaviour i.e. USB keyboard is fine, USB mouse doesn't work.

No DSI errors. I can only suggest that you wipe your scummvm configuration file as it may be corrupted and see if that fixes the problem.

I can replicate the issue you describe with the Virtual Keyboard. Shift is cleared from the keypress queue if you press any _alpha_ character and replaced by the upper case version of the alpha character. This does not occur if you combine with other modifiers or press a F key, numeric or symbol which are not "shiftable".

This is an intention design choice in the current virtual keyboard code. I think I can change this, but I don't know if I should.

Post Mon May 19, 2014 1:14 am 
47iscool

quote:
Originally posted by digitall
Checked with the latest nightly build. Same behaviour i.e. USB keyboard is fine, USB mouse doesn't work.

No DSI errors. I can only suggest that you wipe your scummvm configuration file as it may be corrupted and see if that fixes the problem.

I can replicate the issue you describe with the Virtual Keyboard. Shift is cleared from the keypress queue if you press any _alpha_ character and replaced by the upper case version of the alpha character. This does not occur if you combine with other modifiers or press a F key, numeric or symbol which are not "shiftable".

This is an intention design choice in the current virtual keyboard code. I think I can change this, but I don't know if I should.

You're right, it works now but still, no flac or talkie support. It was my config that was outdated from an earlier version.
Post Mon May 19, 2014 2:41 am 
47iscool

flac is now working, but not talkie support yet.

Post Tue May 20, 2014 7:44 pm 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

No, it is NOT. At least not for the v1.7.0git development master:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/master-wii/builds/4334/steps/configure/logs/stdio

<snip>
Checking for FLAC >= 1.0.1... no
</snip>

I assume you have just tried the v1.6.0git stable. As I said previously:
"The stable nightly builds are only performed if there has been a code change within the last 24 hours. As the stable release branch has not had any backports recently, a rebuild is not performed."

That v1.6.0 build predates the buildbot toolchain update. It has not been rebuilt since as there have been no commits to branch-1-6

Post Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm 
47iscool

You're right, wrong version. Was up pretty late so I wasn't thinking too straight. Thanks for the correction.

Post Wed May 21, 2014 3:44 am 
AReim1982

@digitall: maybe you have to set --with-flac-prefix={3rd party lib-dir}. I always have to set it manually.

Post Wed May 21, 2014 5:28 am 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

@AReim1982: Hmm... as long as the 3rd party include and lib directory where flac is installed is present in the CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS respectively, then this should be picked up by the cc_check in configure used for FLAC detection, without needing an explicit --with-flac-prefix parameter to be added.

Will check the buildbot config.log output for this test... This may be related to the outstanding Pull Request #439:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/439

Post Wed May 21, 2014 4:25 pm 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

DOH!... I updated the 3rd party library for the older devkitPPC-r16 rather than the newer and active r26 Smile

Will fix now! Smile

47iscool: Please try the next nightly.

Post Wed May 21, 2014 4:28 pm 
47iscool

@digitall

flac: not working
talkie MI1: no voice overs

Post Thu May 22, 2014 4:56 am 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

47iscool: No... The next nightly has not been built yet:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/master-wii/builds/4341

You are looking for a build with the revision of ec931b26ecc6226de95cd10b5a1ae561ea0f5386

Post Thu May 22, 2014 5:12 am 
47iscool

flac and talkie is working again, thanks a lot!

Keep up the great work.

Post Fri May 23, 2014 5:02 am 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

I concur that the flac library is now picked up correctly.

Post Fri May 23, 2014 11:10 pm 
47iscool

I was also wondering about something else, will Fluidsynth/SF2 soundfont support be added to the Wii version?

I know it has the options in there but when I use them they never make it sound any different. Or, is the Wii too weak for such a thing?

Post Tue May 27, 2014 4:04 am 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

As you can see from http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/master-wii/builds/4364/steps/configure/logs/stdio, libfluidsynth is not currently present.

This has never been present AFAIK and I have no idea if it is possible to build for the Wii PPC target and if the result will work.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 12:44 am 
47iscool

quote:
Originally posted by digitall
As you can see from http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/master-wii/builds/4364/steps/configure/logs/stdio, libfluidsynth is not currently present.

This has never been present AFAIK and I have no idea if it is possible to build for the Wii PPC target and if the result will work.

All right, thanks for letting me know.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 4:21 am 
Reply to topic