Test-Candidate of ScummVM 2.0.0 for WII

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

You can always check in the about dialog what functions are supported.

This build supports the following functions:
-> Tremor, Flac, Mp3, Rgb, ZLib, FreeType2
MaSSiVeRiCaN

Post by MaSSiVeRiCaN »

AReim1982 wrote:You can always check in the about dialog what functions are supported.

This build supports the following functions:
-> Tremor, Flac, Mp3, Rgb, ZLib, FreeType2
Thanks AReim1982 for the helpful tip and answer. This is sweet music to my ears :D
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

My pull request has been merged. Now it's possible to test the development binarys of the buildbot.
MaSSiVeRiCaN

Post by MaSSiVeRiCaN »

That's great news, so do I need to compile the latest build or are test builds also provided elsewhere in the forum?

I don't have the environment setup to build ScummVM but I have no issues giving it a go if I must.
Unknown-Creation

Post by Unknown-Creation »

AReim1982, I've been testing your binary on my Wii. My Wii is on system menu 4.2u with IOS 58 from 4.3.

It works with my old non-motionplus wiimote and the TR+ remotes. The 1.6 build seems to have better USB performance than the stable 1.5 build. (Caching improvements?)

That cursor bug mentioned earlier in this thread that affects FM-TOWNS also seems to affect 16-bit HE games, like Spy Fox 3. The cursor would be incased in a black box instead of a blue one. This also affects the 1.5 build, so it isn't a new bug.
Badablek

Post by Badablek »

MaSSiVeRiCaN wrote:That's great news, so do I need to compile the latest build or are test builds also provided elsewhere in the forum?

I don't have the environment setup to build ScummVM but I have no issues giving it a go if I must.

Use the buildbot, you don't need to install anything (devkitpro, libogc, etc.)

http://buildbot.scummvm.org/

For example, Nightly builds (untested) : http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
MaSSiVeRiCaN

Post by MaSSiVeRiCaN »

It's been a while, any progress on this you guys would like to share with us? I can help test I have an extensive library of games for ScummVM just itching to try out another test build lol.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

MaSSiVeRiCaN: The toolchain on buildbot has been updated. See:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/413

As Badablek said, try using the stable or development builds from the buildbot.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

I'm not sure if if I'm the only one or not but, running games from USB will cause random crashes. I have this same problem on 1.5.0 with or without AHBPROT/no_ios_reload option. Running from SD or SD Gecko gives no lockups, only USB locks it up.

Wii 4.3U IOS58
HBC 1.1.0
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

47iscool: If you had searched the bug database, you would have found that this is a known bug:
http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/5790/

However, it _may_ have been fixed in the latest stable and development builds i.e. v1.6.0 and v1.7.0git.

I have asked on that bug and this thread several times if someone would confirm if this is fixed or still broken using the nightly builds from the buildbot:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

PLEASE can you test this? :)
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

@Digitall

Sure will. Although mine isn't a startup bug, it happens randomly whether it's 10 minutes or 30 minutes into.

Testing with the talkie versions of MI1 & 2 and COMI.

One more question I have and I know it's not related but, what happened to the black and green background on the classic theme? I don't really like the red too much.

Also I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer 16GB flash drive and I know these are said to have problems with some programs but 1.2.0 worked perfect with it, I only use the newer revisions because I recently found out (yesterday) about the amazing talkie versions of MI 1 & 2. I't fun playing them on Wii considering the SE versions of MI were not on Wii.
Last edited by 47iscool on Tue May 13, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

47iscool: Thank you. To be honest, v1.5.0 is now very out of date, even without the toolchain updates, so bugs on it will tend to get the "please retest with the latest nightly" response to ensure that they are not outdated... which is likely.

Hmm.. The Classic Theme should be green and black as before, though I only have used the default Modern Theme on my Wii, so not sure. We did have issues with the color keying, so I wonder if that was breaking the Classic. *shrug*

47iscool: If this issue is still occuring with the classic theme on the latest v1.7.0git, then please file a bug on this and attach a screenshot or photo of the screen showing the color changes seen. Thanks.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Also, please try not to edit posts. No notification is sent and thus any questions or comments will likely be missed.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool »

Okay, the classic black theme is back on the latest 1.7 GIT version. If you try out 1.5.0 or 1.6.0 with the classic theme you will see what I mean about the red.

I've been playing COMI for about 20 minutes now with no freezes from USB, I will let you know if it does freeze up.

Another thing I just found out, the talkie version of MI1 does not have any speech or audio streaming from flac, only the original midi sound. MI2 talkie version works fine though.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Ah excellent. I suspected that the issue might be the color key bug:
http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/6108/

Let us know if you hit a freeze, but that is probably fixed as well. Thanks for testing.