non scummVM adventure games.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SaarSushi

non scummVM adventure games.

Post by SaarSushi »

Yes, I know - this is a scummVM forum...

Still, I wish to play none scumm games like the sierra quests. Where can I find a homebrew software that supports these games?

I was reffered to a software which has no PSP port and I was wondering if there might be one that is.
There's DoxBox, I know - but will it run them?
sfaok

Post by sfaok »

Well, I don't believe Dosbox was developed much beyond the initial beta release and its very limited in terms of what the PSP version can do. In fact, I believe its incredibly slow and there is no mouse or joystick support.

There's the Atari ST emulator which is very good and runs at 100% full speed. Though, you'll be limited to the Sierra games released on the ST. The bigger problem, of course, is that these games are keyboard-driven and as such the virtual keyboard would be too slow and cumbersome to get any real enjoyment out of these games, but thats just me though.

On the up-side theres 3 really good Delphine adventures; Operation Stealth, Future Wars and Cruise For a Corpse. Also, Lure of the Temptress was on the ST as well. So, if you're looking to an alternative to ScummVm for adventure games on the PSP, the ST emu is your best bet.
Track505

Post by Track505 »

Thanks sfaok.

CastAway Atari ST Emulator for PSP works fantastic with this Games, but many good Games are only in English i think.