No cd pc install?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ufx

No cd pc install?

Post by ufx »

Hey,

is there some way that i can get one of the newere scumm games like the dig installed on my pc, so it doesen´t require the cd? and thereafter move it to other computers? I don´t know if the cd-rom games actually require the cd, but nowadays the does....please help!

thanks UFX

:D
clem

Re: No cd pc install?

Post by clem »

ufx wrote:Hey,

is there some way that i can get one of the newere scumm games like the dig installed on my pc, so it doesen´t require the cd? and thereafter move it to other computers? I don´t know if the cd-rom games actually require the cd, but nowadays the does....please help!

thanks UFX

:D
why would you want to move it to other computers anyways? I guess every computer has at least a CD-ROM drive nowadays...
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Umm, none of the ScummVM games require the CD to be used if one copied all the data files to the hard drive.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Freddo wrote:Umm, none of the ScummVM games require the CD to be used if one copied all the data files to the hard drive.
Actually the original interpreters do check for the audio tracks layout of the games using CD audio.
Though, if you really need to play with the original interpreter instead of ScummVM, you can use a CD emulator.