Probably a stupid question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Esoteric

Probably a stupid question

Post by Esoteric »

So I downloaded the SCUMM engine from Google Play. I downloaded the Queen plugin. I downloaded the queen.1.btz (I think) and put it in a file folder Sdcard/download/game and renamed it queen.1 (also tried queen.1c). I pointed SCUMM to it and it says no game data.

What am I doing wrong?
    eriktorbjorn
    ScummVM Developer

Re: Probably a stupid question

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Esoteric wrote:I downloaded the queen.1.btz (I think) and put it in a file folder Sdcard/download/game and renamed it queen.1 (also tried queen.1c).
    I have no idea what a .btz file is (did you mean queen.1.bz2?), but renaming it is probably the wrong thing to do.

If it is a .bz2 file, it's compressed and needs to be uncompressed to turn it into queen.1. (Searching for bz2 or bzip2 should turn up information about how to uncompress it, I guess.)
    Esoteric

Post by Esoteric »

Thanks. It was a .bz2

I redownloaded it and now I get an error when I try to extract it says: unexpected end of archive

Anyone else get this?
    MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Corrupt file. Redownload.
    misterhands

Post by misterhands »

Yes it's the infamous queen.1.bz2 file, from:
    http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zino/scummvm/queen/

For some reason that download is always interrupted, so the file is truncated and unusable.
    FYI I did manage to get the full file using wget.

I have complained to... *cough* one of the devs about this, but it looks like he forgot to fix this :wink:

It would be nice if that file was moved to sourceforge like the rest of the downloads, that would fix this problem.