Nexus 7 where to put game files?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

capntitepnz

Nexus 7 where to put game files?

Post by capntitepnz »

Hi All,

I'm new to Android and tablets and am a bit perplexed. Where do I put the game files on my Nexus 7? I When I go to "add game" the directory as shown within ScummVM looks nothing like the Nexus 7 folder options in my pc window where i dragged and dropped the game files. I've tried putting them various places to no avail. I keep getting the error: "ScummVM can't open the specified directory!" I've read I should put the game files on my SD card but the Nexus 7 doesn't have an SD card slot.

Hope that makes sense?

I understand how emulators work on a PC and have no trouble with Scumm VM on the PC. Am I missing something obvious?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Capn'
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Nexus 7 is quite new, but should be the same as other Android devices. The "SD" card is the external storage which is often internal now *facepalm* Anyway, we would need more detail here. Could you post a screenshot of where your PC folder link shows and what scummvm add game file browser shows. You may want to try installing "Ghost Commander" File Manager (Free and Open Source in Google Play store) and browse around to work out where the PC link puts files and thus where to point add game to. Apart from this, it can also show owner and permissions which could also be causing this...
capntitepnz

Post by capntitepnz »

Figured it out! ScummVM seemingly won't let me navigate to the "roms" folder I created on it for my other organizing my other emulators.

Your mention of the "virtual" SD card and Ghost Commander helped. Installed Ghost Commander and from what I can tell it seems the Nexus 7 is seeing the "SD card" as similar to the "C" drive on a PC. Instead of putting the game files in specific folder I just dropped them onto the main "C hard drive" window of the Nexus 7. In ScummVM I then navigated to "SDcard" and it found my game.

It's not pretty organizational-wise, but it works.

I'll post screenshots when I get to my home computer.

Thanks!