7th guest question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jf1963

7th guest question

Post by jf1963 »

i copied the needed data files from my cd's over to my samsung galaxy tab 2 and when i launch the game, i get the music but the skeleton hand keeps moving with the message to insert the disk. how do i get past this on a tablet? thanks!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: 7th guest question

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jf1963 wrote:i copied the needed data files from my cd's over to my samsung galaxy tab 2 and when i launch the game, i get the music but the skeleton hand keeps moving with the message to insert the disk. how do i get past this on a tablet? thanks!
A wild guess, but did you put all the necessary files in the same folder, or did they end up in two different ones, so that ScummVM only sees one of them? I think the game engine makes a guess if all files are present by checking for two files, one from each CD, and if they're not you may be prompted to insert the missing disc.

(There is a function called o_getcd() that tries to open the files b.gdj and at.gjd. I made the experiment of removing b.gjd from my game folder, and the game presented me with a "Please Insert Disc One" screen.)
jf1963

Post by jf1963 »

ok, so ive deleted the files out of the scumm directory to recopy from the cds. using thedata file link here http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... est.2C_The i copied all files from cd1 but some of the files on cd2 that are needed, are in a sub-directory called install. should i copy files from there to the same dir as all other files or create the same sub-dir under my scumm game dir? thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jf1963 wrote:but some of the files on cd2 that are needed, are in a sub-directory called install. should i copy files from there to the same dir as all other files or create the same sub-dir under my scumm game dir? thanks
I'm not sure, but as far as I can see ScummVM doesn't look in any directory called "install". It's probably safer to just create one single directory for The 7th Guest, and put all of the necessary files there.
jf1963

Post by jf1963 »

that worked. thanks!!!