PSP firmware 6.60

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jonnysutt

PSP firmware 6.60

Post by jonnysutt »

Hello long admirer of all the work the SCUMMVM team have done in recent years well done and thank you. My question regards playing all of my SCUMMVM games on a PSP firmware 6.60. I am having problems with a number of games (not sure if they are specifically related to the 6.60 firmware)and I would be so grateful if you could help me with each.

Broken Sword - Blank screen as it starts

Broken Sword 2 - Crashes as virgin ad begins

The 7th Guest - Blank screen as it starts

Toonstruck - Blank screen as it starts

Beneath a Steel Sky - Starts and crashes as the yellow faced man appears and 2 lines of dialogue are heard.

Woodruff - Crashes during dinosaur cutscene

Touche - Choppy cutscene at the beginning and then crashes

I know there are a few there but I thought if I gave you an insight into all of the problems perhaps you would know what the root of the issue is. I'm guessing the first 4 games problem might be linked to memory? Thank you.
Nitrus

Post by Nitrus »

I'm not certain about the other ones, but as for Beneath a Steel Sky, that was recently fixed, so just download the latest Development Build from here:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
...and then try it out. I imagine some of the other games' issues could be fixed too.
I'm not sure about the firmware, though I've played BASS on 6.60(custom) too, as for OFW, the wololo release video for the half-byte loader shows it working with Beneath a Steel Sky specifically.