New kickstarter from creator of Sierra's Police Quest series

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

New kickstarter from creator of Sierra's Police Quest series

Post by dreammaster »

Jim Walls is jumping on the Kickstarter bandwagon to produce a new adventure "Precinct". Looks intriguing.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

To me it sounds like a game in S.W.A.T. spirit, e.g. a mere shooter with police-related plot. No real puzzles or in-depth dialogs.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

sev wrote:To me it sounds like a game in S.W.A.T. spirit, e.g. a mere shooter with police-related plot. No real puzzles or in-depth dialogs.
I have to admit that I never got around to playing the SWAT games. But I really enjoyed the earlier Police Quest games.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

dreammaster wrote: I have to admit that I never got around to playing the SWAT games. But I really enjoyed the earlier Police Quest games.
I really should play the Police Quest games one of these days. I've heard both good and bad things about them, but some of my favorite adventure games back in the day were detective stories.

I tried playing the first SWAT game (which, I should add, I'm pretty sure Jim Walls had nothing to do with since he apparently left Sierra before the completion of Police Quest 3), and just couldn't stand it. Maybe it was realistic, and maybe it gets better once you get through basic training, and obviously a lot of hard work had gone into it, but I can hardly remember ever being so bored while playing a game.
marticus

Post by marticus »

I tried to get in to the police quest games, but ended up dying or failing for something i forgot to do 10 minutes previously.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

I know we all love Sierra games so much we forget the other companies, but he also worked on Blue Force and Urban Runner, and I liked those games.

Oh! But! Blue Force is also supported? :D
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Strangerke wrote:I know we all love Sierra games so much we forget the other companies, but he also worked on Blue Force and Urban Runner, and I liked those games.

Oh! But! Blue Force is also supported? :D
I can't tell if this is some sort of jab at Urban Runner or not :P
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

No, it's advertising for his 2 best games and for the TsAGE engine ;)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Strangerke wrote:No, it's advertising for his 2 best games and for the TsAGE engine ;)
I have to say that your advertising is not really working :wink:
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

The kickstarter campaign for Precinct isn't doing that great either, so I guess the problem isn't me :P