html5 scummVM

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

elmonotremendo

html5 scummVM

Post by elmonotremendo »

Is there anyone involved in this proyect?
http://clb.demon.fi/html5scummvm/

Congratulations.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

That's quite impressive. Its a shame that I can't find a function to load my own games from my computer though, so I can only play demos.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: html5 scummVM

Post by LordHoto »

elmonotremendo wrote:Is there anyone involved in this proyect?
http://clb.demon.fi/html5scummvm/

Congratulations.
There's a thread about that over here.
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

From what iv could tell, Its currently in the very early stages of development, a proof of concept, allowing the user to play some of the SCUMM engine demos with no sound.
If developed, any device that has an html5 browser would be able to run Scummvm without it having been ported to that system; allowing for greater consistancy among different devices, faster deployment of updates, and even larger device support.
I tried it out and It loaded right and played glitch free for me in the default browser on android with no plugins or separate app. Touch screen even worked good.
I thank the Dev & wish him/her well and hope the it generates some interest to entice more developers to work on it.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lazylazyjoe wrote:From what iv could tell, Its currently in the very early stages of development, a proof of concept, allowing the user to play some of the SCUMM engine demos with no sound.
I get sound in Firefox under Linux, which I thought was pretty impressive. Though at least on the desktop, I find the C++ version a lot more convenient. (It's a lot less taxing for my poor couple-of-years-old computer, for one thing.)
Collector

Post by Collector »

And I get sound in FF on Win7.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

The Monkey Island 1 demo does indeed have sound, but it's been a while since I tried it, so I have no idea if it behaves like this originally:
Pressing ESC on the pre-dialogue gets you into the game, but the music just plays sequentially.
Walking on the plank to get the seagull to move, sticks in a loop, where Guybrush just keeps walking onto the plank, making the seagull stutter in the air.

EDIT: Also the mouse-pointer is completely blue in Sam & Max
arathron

Re: html5 scummVM

Post by arathron »

Has this scummvm html5 port been abandoned?

I was thinking about making a free AGS alternative, compatible with scummvm and html5.

Maybe MM1 or MI1 engines would be the firsts to target. But I would like to see the scummv html5 port demo and the site is down.
I tried to compile the emscripted scummvm port but I got some errors (and the instructions seem outdated)

Any help?