N70 and scummvm-060412-SymbianS60v2_all_vorbis.sis

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rusmiley

N70 and scummvm-060412-SymbianS60v2_all_vorbis.sis

Post by rusmiley »

Hi there,

Just installed scummvm-060412-SymbianS60v1_all_vorbis.sis in the hope of getting my Monkey music working.

...but the joystick doesn't work so I can't do anything. Pressing 0+1 and using up and down to scroll through letters works though.

Any ideas?
Last edited by rusmiley on Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Please remove the old ini file (scummvm.ini) located in the apps\scummvm folder and see if that helps. Also you need to be in joy mode for it to work as a mouse. As for music.. it depends on what game you are trying to run, which also affects which sounds it is using. Are you using MK1 cdrom version you have to encode the audiotracks into mp3 or ogg for it to work.

And btw.. The N70 is running V2 of S60 so you should install the V2 sis file in order for it work. What it mostly affects, is namely sound, since sound has bc break between V1 and V2.
rusmiley

Post by rusmiley »

Thanks for the reply!

The old scummvm.ini file was in C:\documents\ScummVM I think (?) but that is no longer there. There is a zero byte ini file in E:\System\Apps\ScummVM. Deleted it to no avail.

By "joy mode" I assume you mean toggling through modes pressing 0+1, which I have done several times. As I said, when in the mode with the white box and black letter I can use the joystick to change characters. But nothing I do seems to move the cursor.

I can't get far enough to see if the music works (I have all the tracks ready in ogg files)

And sorry, I copied and pasted the wrong file - the one I downlaoded was indeed scummvm-060412-SymbianS60v2_all_vorbis.sis.
rusmiley

Post by rusmiley »

I've now tried scummvm-060412-SymbianS60v2_all.sis and scummvm-060225-SymbianS60v2_all.sis. The 060412 builds seem to be the ones with the problem as I can't move the cursor on either one.

The 060225 build is fine, but there's no vorbis build of that version so I still can't test my sound!

Any more ideas?
jg

Post by jg »

I also can't get the mouse cursor to move in the new build. Here's what happened:

I installed the new 0412 build, without deleting scummvm.ini.
Mouse cursor worked, started The Dig.
ScummVM exits when Lowe starts to talk.
I restarted the phone.
Started Sam n' Max.
Sound seemed to be at half speed (everyone speaks really slowly and pitched down). I assumed this was due to a Hz change in SDL.
Also noticed that * no longer brings up the save menu; could also be due to an SDL change.
I erased sdl.ini.
Ran Sam n' Max again. Still half speed sound, still no save at *.
Deleted scummvm.ini.
Now I get the welcome dialog with "scan for games?", but I can't move the cursor. Doesn't matter which cursor mode I'm in (0 + 1, etc, works).

So I'm going back to the 0225 build for now.

EDIT: I should add that I'm not using an N70, but a 6680.
Last edited by jg on Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
rusmiley

Post by rusmiley »

Yeah, I just tried making up a scummvm.ini. It seems it's the joystick_num=0 line that makes the cursor work.

Same thing as well, can;t skip intro's or get game menu up.

I also couldn't get my ogg tracks to work. Sound fx work fine, but I've got track1.ogg through track24.ogg in the same directory as the MONKEY.001 file but it's not playing.
rusmiley

Post by rusmiley »

Any ideas on the sound?

Any info about a fix for the menu & skip keys?

Happy to test/try stuff.

Ta.
rusmiley

Post by rusmiley »

Sorry, a couple of other qs for anyone who might know.

Any reason why I can't map any keys? I want to make the joystick select button to be click rather than the left hand button. It saves the mappings (see below) but has no effect.

Is there any reason why I can;t choose aspect ratio correction?

And also, selecting different graphcis render modes seems to have no effect. It always looks like default (ie, no real image scaling, just nearest pixel I think)

Thanks again.

Code: Select all

[scummvm]
gfx_mode=HQ3x
music_volume=245
speech_volume=192
aspect_ratio=false
joystick_num=0
music_driver=auto
lastselectedgame=monkey
native_mt32=false
apect_ratio=true
subtitles=false
fullscreen=true
sfx_volume=245
master_volume=245
autosave_period=300
enable_gs=false
multi_midi=false
versioninfo=0.9.0svn
savepath=E:\System\Apps\ScummVM\Savegames

[monkey]
description=The Secret of Monkey Island (EN/DOS)
path=E:\ScummVM\MONKEY1\
extrapath=E:\ScummVM\MONKEY1\
platform=pc
language=en

[monkey2]
description=Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (EN/DOS)
path=E:\ScummVM\MONKEY2\
platform=pc
language=en

[symbian]
action_mapping_version=6
action_mapping=0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 002a 0023 0039 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! Changing rendering modes only work if you have a resolution more than default, i.e 3xHQ means that a 320x200 game would be rendered in 960x600.. try that on your favorite mobile phone. So settings that will have no effect what so ever. As for the skipkeys, they are not intialized properly, the symbian map sections should contain values other than zero. I guess you could copy them from an older version of scummvm.

What have happened is that the default actions is not initialized properly, so I have to lookinto that.
rusmiley

Post by rusmiley »

Thanks for your reply AnotherGuest.

Ok, get the graphics thing - just wanted to see of there was a render mode that made the downsampling look better.

As for the key mapping, even if I go in and map say the * key to Skip, it doesn't work (it says it's mapped but the key just doesn;t work in the game). Or I map 8 as pause, it says it is mapped but it just doesn't do anything when in the game.
rusmiley

Post by rusmiley »

Oh, and just bothered to wait for the game to start and I do have sound, it is just half speed like jg said. Really slow. Also, the music in the intro doesn't seem to play at all.

All my oggs are mono 44.1kHz at an average bitrate of 40-50kbps.

Game runs at normal speed apart from the sound. No sound stuttering or anything.
vq304

Post by vq304 »

I'm also having the half speed sound problem on my 6600. Seems to be skipping some notes in the music too, but maybe I'm just imagining that because it doesn't sound right.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You phone can't keep up with the 16khz sound. Check earlier post how to set the samplerate to 8khz in the ini file to avoid this.
rusmiley

Post by rusmiley »

Seeming as the N70 has a 220Mhz processor and can handle AV capture whilst other stuff is going on in the background (eg, BT transmission), it seems a little odd to suggest it can't handle 16kHz sound - especially as the game is running smoothly apart from that.

Also there is no stuttering or other sound fidelity issues.

Also, setting SDL to mono or stereo seems to have no impact on the sound - it is still the same rate. Suerly if your theory was correct, the sound would be even slower in stereo?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes thats true.. it would be slower in Stereo as the data would be twice the size. But that is provided that stereo dont work either. If it does. then you would have the same speed slowdown but in stereo