ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Other Ports > Raspberry Pi Joystick
Raspberry Pi Joystick
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
JoyBuzzer

Raspberry Pi Joystick 

I am not sure how to add joystick support to my rpi's scummvm. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Mon May 20, 2013 6:15 am 
md5
ScummVM Developer

Joystick support? Can you be more specific? What kind of devices are you referring to? If you're talking about regular joysticks, we don't really support them, they're quite cumbersome for playing adventure games

Post Mon May 20, 2013 7:10 am 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

If your joystick is appearing as a standard Linux Joystick device i.e. if /dev/input/js0 exists, then it should be available via SDL: http://www.libsdl.org/docs/html/joystick.html and thus ScummVM can use it.

However as md5 indicated, Joysticks are a bit cumbersome for adventure games so we don't enable them by default. If you read section 5.1 of the README, to enable them, you need to pass the command line option --joystick to scummvm (Optionally this takes the number of the joystick i.e. if you have several devices js0, js1 etc.)

tl;dr: Assuming that you are using a USB Joypad/stick or an Analogue joystick via a USB Gameport on your RPi, try running "scummvm --joystick" and see if this then works...

Post Mon May 20, 2013 2:24 pm 
JoyBuzzer

Thanks. I added "joystick_num=0" to .scummvmrc and got my usb joystick controller to work in my retropie build. I know the controller is no ideal but I am trying to operate my retropie with my controller as much as possible. Thanks again.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 am 
Jez_Gafys

hmm weird my xbox 360 pads (wireless) work fine in the scumm launcher and games using the pi I didn't have to do any thing they just work (using ES).

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:57 am 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gamepad#Xbox_360_controllers

Those controllers appear as evdev event devices for X Windows, so will appear as a Mouse, rather than a Joystick to libSDL and thus ScummVM.

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:01 pm 
Reply to topic