Congrats to a marvellous second place

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Congrats to a marvellous second place

Post by Raziel »

Congratulations to the ScummVM team to a great second place in the Games category
of Sourceforge's first annual community awards: http://sourceforge.net/awards/cca/

Now, seeing the first place and wondering:

What, in the nine hells, has an AUDIO, VIDEO and MUSIC player to do with GAMES???

Disqualify them, disqualify... :twisted:
Jimbob

Re: Congrats to a marvellous second place

Post by Jimbob »

Raziel wrote:Disqualify them, disqualify... :twisted:
Yes, a funny entry for the Games section especially when it won the Multimedia section as well. I was quite surprised to see the other projects I voted for did quite well ... well runner up in most cases.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Congrats to a marvellous second place

Post by Raziel »

Jimbob wrote:
Raziel wrote:Disqualify them, disqualify... :twisted:
Yes, a funny entry for the Games section especially when it won the Multimedia section as well. I was quite surprised to see the other projects I voted for did quite well ... well runner up in most cases.
for me too, the only other proggy i know and can use (Amiga) is SmartMonTools which i voted for and it came in 2nd, two times...
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Congratulations, very well deserved!!!
Big Bottom

Post by Big Bottom »

Why should the Xbox player win both the multimedia and games sections when it's clearly only multimedia. That sucks. Besides, it should have been nominated for one or the other.
clem

Post by clem »

yeah, congrats!
MetaFox

Post by MetaFox »

ScummVM got first place as far as I'm concerned. XBMC should never have been part of the games category.

They really need to have better contest management if they do this again next year.
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Well, the later builds of XBMC do include a trainer engine, which would be enough to qualify it for the Games category :)
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Congrats and thank you to all the ScummVM devs. You guys rock. ScummVM made me aware of the Sourceforge community, and really re-ignited my interest in computing. I have learned so much about computers from you all, things i never thought possible. OK maybe it sounds a bit dramatic, but who would have known that you could run a mac version of IJFA on PC :D not me, at least not before finding out about ScummVM.
In my eyes the technical support you provide here should have secured you first place all by itself
thanks again for all you hard work
once again, you guys rock