ScummVM 1.6.0 is Near

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Re: PSP - Eye of the Beholder

Post by clone2727 »

PsyCrow wrote:Game version: DOS
Language?
PsyCrow

Post by PsyCrow »

English.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Egon wrote:Also, when I first start ScummVM it complains that no disc is in the drive.
I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like any error message I've ever seen in ScummVM. Exactly what does it say, and when does it say it?
Egon

Post by Egon »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Egon wrote:Also, when I first start ScummVM it complains that no disc is in the drive.
I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like any error message I've ever seen in ScummVM. Exactly what does it say, and when does it say it?
It says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2". It offers choices of Cancel, Try Again, Continue. Whichever I push, the message pops up again, then whichever I push again it disappears and ScummVM loads normally. Sometimes this message comes up when quitting a game, other times I get a message that ScummVM crashed.
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

Game: Hopkins FBI
Game version: OS/2/English
ScummVM version: 1.6.0git3976-g2fcca38
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit (using a 32-bit ScummVM daily build)

It's not completable. It crashes after you give the coins to the guy by the beach because the English OS/2 version lacks the file T421.ANM.

I've filed bug report #3612423.
kynrek

Full throttle DOS version B tested on Windows 7 x64

Post by kynrek »

Full throttle DOS version B tested on Windows 7 x64.

I just completed testing of full throttle in the 1.6.0 build. I was
able to play all the way through without any issues. I did use the
save feature and let all the cutscenes play through. The version of
the build is listed below.

1.6.0git3955-g69...30 2013 09:14:51
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Egon wrote: It says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2". It offers choices of Cancel, Try Again, Continue. Whichever I push, the message pops up again, then whichever I push again it disappears and ScummVM loads normally. Sometimes this message comes up when quitting a game, other times I get a message that ScummVM crashed.
I can't find any error message like that in ScummVM. If it's a Windows message box, I guess it's something from your operating system. Otherwise, I guess it would have to be a message from the game itself. Do you have any settings in ScummVM (either the Options or the Edit game dialog) that point to that particular path?
Egon

Post by Egon »

eriktorbjorn wrote:I can't find any error message like that in ScummVM. If it's a Windows message box, I guess it's something from your operating system. Otherwise, I guess it would have to be a message from the game itself. Do you have any settings in ScummVM (either the Options or the Edit game dialog) that point to that particular path?
No, neither... I don't even know what that path is supposed to be, as I can't locate it. I did update my Realtek audio drivers at about the same time I installed ScummVM 1.6.0, but no other program has had any such odd errors.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Egon wrote:
eriktorbjorn wrote:I can't find any error message like that in ScummVM. If it's a Windows message box, I guess it's something from your operating system. Otherwise, I guess it would have to be a message from the game itself. Do you have any settings in ScummVM (either the Options or the Edit game dialog) that point to that particular path?
No, neither... I don't even know what that path is supposed to be, as I can't locate it. I did update my Realtek audio drivers at about the same time I installed ScummVM 1.6.0, but no other program has had any such odd errors.
Did you point ScummVM to your external hard disk/CD drive when you added a game (or when changing some other setting like extra path)?
tag2015

Post by tag2015 »

Game Version: Linux/English
ScummVM Version: 1.6.0git9383-gbef4610
Operating System: OSX 10.8.3

Problems:
Completable. All the bugs that are currently open in the bugtracker are still present (except for #3612110 and #3612112, which I can't reproduce).
Egon

Post by Egon »

LordHoto wrote:
Egon wrote:
Did you point ScummVM to your external hard disk/CD drive when you added a game (or when changing some other setting like extra path)?
No, and it doesn't happen when downgrading to 1.5.0, then pops again when re-installing 1.6.0.
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

Game version: OS/2/English
ScummVM version: 1.6.0git3987-geddf8cb
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit (using a 32-bit ScummVM daily build)

It is completable now. As with tag2015's playthrough of the Linux version, all the bugs currently open in the bugtracker that are not related to the ScummVM interface are still present in the OS/2 version as well.
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

Game version: BeOS/English
ScummVM version: 1.6.0git3989-g0031c41
Operating system: Wii

It's not completable. It crashes at the point when Hopkins is at his computer, right before the credits start.

I filed bug report #3612611.
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

Game version: BeOS/English
ScummVM version: 1.7.0git8-g3d5b975
Operating system: Wii

It's completable now. The bugs that are in the other versions that haven't been fixed are in the BeOS version too. The only bug that I found that was specific to my playthough on Wii was a palette issue with the inventory icons that's not present on Win32 (possibly due to the fact the Wii is big endian).

I filed bug report #3612719.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Thanks a lot for all your tests on Hopkins... I'm doing my best to fix the remaining one :) Thanks again!

If some people want to take a look at the game and don't own it, I've uploaded the demos I have on SourceForge.

Have fun!