Any ideas on MI2 error at skeleton dance cutscene??

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dizzo

Any ideas on MI2 error at skeleton dance cutscene??

Post by dizzo »

Using ScummVM 1.5.0 on Android 4.1.2

(DOS/English) version

During the Skeleton dance scene in Monkey Island 2 (DOS\CD version), the Skeletons will sing the first verse of the song and then will keep dancing, Without getting to the next verse, and the scene will remain in a loop forever. The music will even reach to the end, and they will keep dancing.....

Exact same error as found elsewhere on forum. Sorry can't post link, identifies me as spam. But look at my other posts for the thread.

"Sang" first verse then no more text and an endless loop even after music stops.

Unfortunately only have a virtual keyboard so no esc key to see if I can end the cut scene, as mentioned in other thread. Tried using bluetooth keyboard as well but ESC key doesn't seem to override virtual keyboard.

Any thoughts on workaround?

Otherwise ScummVM is fantastic, playing all of my old adventure games during my bus commute.

Cheers.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Not a workaround, but the regular solution for cut scenes: The phone's / tablet's "back key" will quit the cut scene. ;)

If it doesn't do it in this situation, there is something more wrong with this game or ScummVM with this old bug. :(
dizzo

Worked!

Post by dizzo »

If I let it play through it still (sometimes) hangs with a perpetual skeleton dance.

But if I hit "back" when scene starts up I can skip through and end up back to game play.

Thanks for the response... Gotta get back to MI2 on a 4in screen!
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

This is not an Android specific issue, but is an unstable bug in MI2 associated with MIDI timing in this scene. See this thread: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7157