Autohide of the ScummVM Menu

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gurgel

Autohide of the ScummVM Menu

Post by Gurgel »

Hi There!

First i want to thank you for this PERFECT Software, finally i can play this nostalgic games again and when and where i want :)

To my Problem i use a HP iPAQ rx3715 PocketPC with Windows Mobile 2003
When i start ScummVM its all okey, untill i first use the ScummVM menu to Save my game, after the Daving is completet, on the bottom of the Screen it just turns black and the menu dissapears, and there is no other way to exit than a soft reset of the device!

Is there any solution out there for this problem? Thank you
badbob001

Post by badbob001 »

A new feature with version 0.8 is that double-tapping (or right-clicking with a hardware button) near the top edge of the screen will hide and unhide the menu bar. I found this feature in the README.
frank_m24

Hide/Unhide

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

aditionally you can map a key for this feature.

regards

Frank
Gurgel

Post by Gurgel »

The Problem is that i only can map keys in for example Sam n Max, and when i start playing MI2 then the buttons wont work, they only work in Sam n Max then

I didnt tried that with the Edge i will try this tomorrow, but thanks anyway for the fast replyies :)
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,
The Problem is that i only can map keys in for example Sam n Max, and when i start playing MI2 then the buttons wont work
No, thats definitely not so. Buttons you have mapped one time successfully are working in every game. Did you close ScummVM proper with the "Quit" Menu Button or with a (soft) reset? In case you resetted your device, the new configuration was not stored and the mapping was lost.

best regards

Frank
df7nw01

Post by df7nw01 »

Can this feature be disabled somehow?
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

oh, in my opinion this feature makes sense, since for VGA titles and FM-TOWNS games (they are using the full screen) it is quite convenient, if the toolbar disappears after e.g. saving a game.

kind regards

Frank