Sam & Max Hit the Road - How to Left & Right click t

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BuGambit

Sam & Max Hit the Road - How to Left & Right click t

Post by BuGambit »

I'm playing on an Asus Transformer Pad 300 and reached the section with the binoculars. I can left click (to turn them to the left) and right click (to turn them to the right), and found Turtle Rock - it's already been added to my map - however, I can't exit the binoculars.

According to posts you need to click the left and right mouse buttons together to exit, however, I don't know how to do this on the tablet. I tried placing one hand on the screen and tapping with 2 different fingers, and tried holding 2 fingers on the screen and tapping with 1 finger. Then I started playing a little piano on it (2 hands, fingers tapping everywhere) but nothing worked.

The tablet's 'home' and 'back' buttons take me out of Scumm and back to my home screen.

Help is appreciated so I can continue the game.
BuGambit

Post by BuGambit »

Turns out that the double mouse click is a recurring mechanic in Sam & Max, thereby making it un-playable on a tablet or mac laptop with 1 button.

Can anyone let me know what other games use this sort of mechanic so that I make sure I have the appropriate hardware on hand to play?

Thanks.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

You can't just hit the back button to exit the scene? I think people have successfully completed Sam and Max without problems.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Had a look at the thread history. Better answer now:

The standard solution is described here and is the back button:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=12362

Seems that Asus has messed up the back button on your device. Maybe there is a way to configure it so that it does not quit the app?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

goetz wrote:Seems that Asus has messed up the back button on your device. Maybe there is a way to configure it so that it does not quit the app?
I shouldn't post without enough coffee. :-) I should have said: I think people have done it on a TF300T, which I assume is the same device. So it seems strange that the back button would do that, unless BuGambit is encountering a ScummVM crash (in which case I guess you'd get a dialog).
BuGambit

Post by BuGambit »

Yeah, I just abbreviated it to 300, but I believe the official model is TF300T.

It definitely wasn't a ScummVM crash when hitting the back button because nothing in ScummVM reacted to it, the tablet simply went back to the previous application or home screen, like it would with any other app. ScummVM was still running and if I switched back to that app I'd be in the same situation I was in before hitting the back button.

Anyway, I managed to get past it with the old, "email the save file from your tablet to your laptop, hook up a two button mouse and use that, then email the save file back to your tablet" trick.