Problem with getting the herring on Monkey Island

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Euqinu

Problem with getting the herring on Monkey Island

Post by Euqinu »

I've looked up all the short cut keys and everything, but I can't find a solution to this...

I have been playing Monkey Island, and I need to grab the herring after I have stepped on the plank to make the bird fly up. But when I try to do it, i'm not quick enough because the cursor is so slow and also it flickers off all the time!

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to do this?

I'm using a Nokia 6600
clem

Re: Problem with getting the herring on Monkey Island

Post by clem »

Euqinu wrote:I've looked up all the short cut keys and everything, but I can't find a solution to this...

I have been playing Monkey Island, and I need to grab the herring after I have stepped on the plank to make the bird fly up. But when I try to do it, i'm not quick enough because the cursor is so slow and also it flickers off all the time!

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to do this?

I'm using a Nokia 6600
I think you have to step on the plank twice so the bird flies further away, this is definitely a time-based puzzle, so you're probably out of luck with the symbian port though
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I would say, turn off the music, and try a different screenmode to see if it helps. Music takes alot of cpu specially OPL , and reduces the cursor movement alot.
Yixian

Post by Yixian »

Do it on your PC/Mac and then transfer the save file.
jg

Post by jg »

This puzzle was much easier before, when the 0 key switched zones. I just had to place the cursor over each point I needed, and quickly switch between them with 0. Worked like a charm. :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

'0' should still switch zones, otherwise you should be able to reconfigure the zone key in key options.
Euqinu

Post by Euqinu »

I got round it by transferring the save file to my pc, doing it on there and then transferring it back again. I'll have a look into that zones thing aswell though just in case i run into a similar problem.

Lets hope they add shortcut keys for 'push' 'pull' etc :)