ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Other Ports > Windows Phone now supports native code (C / C++) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Windows Phone now supports native code (C / C++)
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Lybra



Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 17
 

Hi there!

Based on the work by skristiansson, I managed to create a Win8/RT app project. The project files are messy and it was a pain in the ass to get this far:



Targeting ARM doesn't work because of a LNK1112 error in str.obj (not sure why it's still targeting x86 there). File system access is not working on any platform. So there is still a lot of work to do.

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
Lybra



Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 17
 

Update: I managed to fix ARM Smile


 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
Braxanmp



Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 1
 

Hi, i'm very interested about this port. How is it now? Some news? I don't know very much about programation, but if i can help tell me how

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
pinoelefante



Joined: 07 Feb 2015
Posts: 3
 

i'm very interested on this port.
how is going?

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
Luilly



Joined: 16 May 2013
Posts: 19
 

Any updates?

Thnk you!!

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Lybra



Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 17
 

Hi!

I am working on porting the initial wp8.1 port by skristiansson to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). There are a lot of open issues, so don't expect a release in the near future.

I will keep you updated.


 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Lybra



Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 17
 

Quick update:

I am glad to report, that one of the biggest issues with the UWP port has been (pretty much) resolved:

You can now add games via a FolderPicker, which adds the game's location to a whitelist. This way you gain full file access to the chosen path. I managed to launch Indy3/4 from my "Downloads" folder on my Lumia920.

One downside so far is that I had to implement my own ReadStream class to consume the Storage API, since WinRT only allows the usage of fopen etc. only inside it's sandbox. I will have to check the performance on bigger games though...

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
Luilly



Joined: 16 May 2013
Posts: 19
 

Hello Scemino.

I have compiled your code and I have found that Full Throttle (DOS spanish) freezes.
I remove the line 57 from NullMixer.cs it works:
//_audioSampleProvider.Read(_samples, _samples.Length);

I don't know if it can helps you.

Regards.

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
Lybra



Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 17
 

UPDATE: It's working now thanks to the help of wjp!

____________

I am currently trying to add support for FLAC/OGG, which gives me a lot of trouble.

I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with my ReadStream implementation. You can actually hear the first second of a dialogue line or any SFX before I get this:

code:
0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000-



The stream class was working fine so far with game files, so I am not sure what is going wrong. Any ideas?


Edit: Link to implementation code

cpp: http://pastebin.com/md3uPMmN
heade: http://pastebin.com/MFD5zb0p

Last edited by Lybra on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Luilly



Joined: 16 May 2013
Posts: 19
 

quote:
Originally posted by Lybra
I am currently trying to add support for FLAC/OGG, which gives me a lot of trouble.

I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with my ReadStream implementation. You can actually hear the first second of a dialogue line or any SFX before I get this:

code:
0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000-



The stream class was working fine so far with game files, so I am not sure what is going wrong. Any ideas?


Edit: Link to implementation code

cpp: http://pastebin.com/md3uPMmN
heade: http://pastebin.com/MFD5zb0p


Hello.

Have you tried libFLAC++?
It is an open source library to decode FLAC and ogg FLAC.
https://xiph.org/flac/api/

Regards.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Lybra



Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 17
 

quote:
Originally posted by Luilly

Hello.

Have you tried libFLAC++?
It is an open source library to decode FLAC and ogg FLAC.
https://xiph.org/flac/api/

Regards.


Hi Luilly,

yes I am actually using it and it's working fine now, thanks Smile
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Luilly



Joined: 16 May 2013
Posts: 19
 

quote:
Originally posted by Lybra
quote:
Originally posted by Luilly

Hello.

Have you tried libFLAC++?
It is an open source library to decode FLAC and ogg FLAC.
https://xiph.org/flac/api/

Regards.


Hi Luilly,

yes I am actually using it and it's working fine now, thanks Smile


Hello.

So, have you solved all the problems with ogg flac?
Do you have plans for a release date?

Regards.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
Lybra



Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 17
 

quote:
Originally posted by Luilly

Hello.

So, have you solved all the problems with ogg flac?
Do you have plans for a release date?

Regards.


OGG/FLAC seems to be working fine now. I'll try to get a release in 2015, but there is still work ahead.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
Luilly



Joined: 16 May 2013
Posts: 19
 

quote:
Originally posted by Lybra
quote:
Originally posted by Luilly

Hello.

So, have you solved all the problems with ogg flac?
Do you have plans for a release date?

Regards.


OGG/FLAC seems to be working fine now. I'll try to get a release in 2015, but there is still work ahead.


Good news!
Congratulations for your effort.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
uruk
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 1
 

quote:
Originally posted by Lybra
Update: I managed to fix ARM Smile


Woah, nice topic! And even nicer work! Very Happy
I hope you are willing to take some help. (Check your PM-s! Wink)
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge