SDL build - performance issues,

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jdrive

SDL build - performance issues,

Post by Jdrive »

Heya

I have an older ZTE V9 tab - with CM7 on it - official build of ScummVM runs beautifully, except I can't get a right click action to occur, not sure if it's due the resistive screen or lack of search button, but it won't happen.

Downloaded the other build from here:
http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7

This I can enable right clicks on, but when I try to play BASS - which ran fine on the official build - it's slow and laggy. It seems like I'm doing something wrong, or have some setting on that I've overlooked. Can anyone help? Even if I can get right click to work in official build, I just wanna play on the tab lol.
Jdrive

Post by Jdrive »

Ok, I'm just a bit dumb ;-)

I got the official build to "right-click" with the half second hold... I guess I was just being unco last time I tried.

The other build is still running slow though.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Jdrive wrote:The other build is still running slow though.
We really can't help you there, it's an inofficial build. Anyway, since the official one works fine for you that's good.
Jdrive

Post by Jdrive »

LordHoto wrote:
Jdrive wrote:The other build is still running slow though.
We really can't help you there, it's an inofficial build. Anyway, since the official one works fine for you that's good.
All good, yep I'm pleased with the official build now - I just thought initially that it didn't support my kind of tablet. (no search button). It has crashed a couple of times on me, and glitched on BASS - but TBH I think it's the tablet not the program, because once I rebooted it, the issue didn't re-occur.

Once again I'm amazed that I can play these games on yet another device lol. (now to attempt and wire up my wife's DS to Scummvm again!)