Android Game Installation?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TheQuagmire

Android Game Installation?

Post by TheQuagmire »

I find it pretty difficult to find solid information on how to install any of the compatible games onto the tablet.
I have original cd's/floppies, Do I image the cd's and put them in a folder on the sdcard or do I install the game on the pc and move the data files to a folder on the sdcard? I am kinda surprised there is no sticky on these forums about basic things like this.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

Our documentation here is indeed pretty terrible, but http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... th_ScummVM covers most of the usual cases, although the game specifics are somewhat out-of-date now that I look at it.[/url]
TheQuagmire

Post by TheQuagmire »

Well from what I've read and tested, it has to be root files from the disc, or install. (if you can get it installed that is)

I tested it on my King Quest 6, put the cd in, copied the disc contents to sdcard/king/6, loaded up scummVM on the android and went to sdcard/king and selected 6, and with king plugin installed it found kings quest 6 and loaded it up.
I launched the game afterwords and everything seemed to be kosher.

I'll have to try and see if I can get Full throttle working next.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

What I usually recommend is getting good at it on the desktop first and then tackling the mobile devices next since they all have some kind of gotcha.