Feeble Files Nexus 7 "could not find any game" err

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

superduck

Feeble Files Nexus 7 "could not find any game" err

Post by superduck »

Hi there,

I have been playing The Feeble Files on a windows pc through scummvm which has been working fine. I just copied the same folder onto my nexus 7 but I get the error "scummvm could not find any game in the specified directory" which I choose the folder.

I am completely new to Android so I don't know if I might be doing something obviously wrong. Not sure what other details to give my the nexus 7 is running Android 4.1.1 and has a tegra 3 processor. It's only a day old and only has a few other apps on there with about 10gb space left.

Thanks in advance!
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Hi,

Make sure you have the latest version of ScummVM installed from the Google Play store AND make sure you have the plugin for The Feeble Files also installed.

To allow ScummVM to be usable on a very wide range of Android devices the game engines (plugins) are packaged separately from the main ScummVM binary.

In this case https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... vm.scummvm and https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lugin.agos are just what you want.
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

Hi There

Just wondering if you have tried the nightly Android build at all? You can get it from the top link here: http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

This comes packaged with every plugin separately, and has run like a champ on my Nexus 7 with everything I've thrown at it so far, including talkie builds of MI1 & MI2!

I do not have Feeble Files, but you might have some joy trying the nightly over what is in the Play store, as it is more current!

Good luck
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Actually,

As it stands at the moment I would advise normal users stick with the very recent 1.5.0 release from the store and not to go trying untested trunk nightly builds if your looking for the solid, supported, experience ;).

There are a fair few changes that are starting to hit truck (they always do just following a release) and historically it often leads to churn and dips in stability. That is fine for advanced users who know what they are getting into. But that is a little unfair on new users 8).

I really would not want a new users 1st experience of ScummVM on a device to be a a debug build of code that is potentially very changeable ;)

Just my 2 pence on the subject as a developer.

John
Last edited by DJWillis on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
superduck

Post by superduck »

Thank you for all the advice! All's working great now :)