Which game Looks and play best on Psp?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

youmeus

Which game Looks and play best on Psp?

Post by youmeus »

Hello all,

The present PSP game listing lacks ANY good adventure games, (not everone likes to drive and shoot stuff, some of us like puzzles and a good story :D) so I am interested in purchasing a title (game) that can work with the scummVM player. eg... I have the Gilbert Goodmate game installed on my pocket pc and that game is so much fun!!!

My question is: which game would look/run/play the best on the PSP? The PSP is such a powerful device so I want a game that would really look fantastic on it and also provide good gameplay...!

Thanks
Maveric

Post by Maveric »

I don't know, but Day of the Tentacle is a bit more "widescreen"-like, so it might look better on the PSP than other games.
Shonen

Post by Shonen »

Well, almost all of Lucasarts' old adventure games that run on SCUMMVM look and play great on PSP.

I'd especially recommend the talkie adventures: Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max Hit The Road, Full Throttle, The Dig, The Curse of Monkey Island. Lucasarts is known for their very "comic-book", stylized, bright-coloured graphics in many of their adventures, and this looks great on the PSP.

The Curse of Monkey Island is the most recent and technically most advanced SCUMM game, but it also strains the PSP the most. Scrolling scenes, heavy background animation and certain minigames will be virtually unplayable on the PSP.

What you have to keep in mind is that you'll need at least a 512 mb Memory Stick Duo (for The Curse of Monkey Island even more). Also, many of these games are very old (mid 90ies) so it might not be very easy to get a hold of them. Always try to be sure to get the cdrom version, as these are the versions with digitized speech. On ebay you can always find some auctions, though.
youmeus

Post by youmeus »

Shonen,

Thanks for the info...I got my hands on CMI, but IT WAS HARD WORK! and yes this game looks super on the PSP and the gameplay is wonderful. Only problem is it runs slow and sluggish in some stages of the game...I hope we get an updated scummVM soon so that I can enjoy this game. It is by far better than 80% (IMHO) of the new games on the PSP.
Shonen

Post by Shonen »

Glad to help, youmeus.

And in a certain respect, many SCUMM games àre better than many new proprietary PSP games, simply because they are better games. COMI, Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle..in their day these were the best games of their generation. The reason why people still play these games is because they are simply thàt good, beyond the graphics barrier so few of the generation of gamers nowadays manage to see through.