Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CandyFace

Mouse more accurate?

Post by CandyFace »

Hi

im using the newest publishes build from cydia 1.4.1 on my iphone 4
but the mouse accuracy is still bugging me a little
when you have to only move a inch and it moves maybe 3-4 by only a single touch. is that just how it is and can't get optimized or is it better in newer builds from the dailybuilds?
it feels like it's stuck at the point where you left it when not touching the screen and when putting the finger down on the screen again, then it will jump to a certain distance
ps. im in landscape mode but it's also happening in portrait mode.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Mouse more accurate?

Post by LordHoto »

CandyFace wrote:Hi

im using the newest publishes build from cydia 1.4.1 on my iphone 4
but the mouse accuracy is still bugging me a little
when you have to only move a inch and it moves maybe 3-4 by only a single touch. is that just how it is and can't get optimized or is it better in newer builds from the dailybuilds?
The sensitivity should be still the same in delay builds. As you noted, the resulting movement will the "faster" than your finger movement.
CandyFace wrote:it feels like it's stuck at the point where you left it when not touching the screen and when putting the finger down on the screen again, then it will jump to a certain distance
ps. im in landscape mode but it's also happening in portrait mode.
I can't reproduce this with my iPhone 3G in touchpad mode. Clicking on a different screen spot, won't make the cursor jump for me unless I actually move my finger. But the latter is the intended behavior anyway.
CandyFace

Post by CandyFace »

LordHoto wrote:
The sensitivity should be still the same in delay builds. As you noted, the resulting movement will the "faster" than your finger movement.

I can't reproduce this with my iPhone 3G in touchpad mode. Clicking on a different screen spot, won't make the cursor jump for me unless I actually move my finger. But the latter is the intended behavior anyway.
touchpad mode?
does that mean that the mouse is pointing where you are clicking on the screen?
if not is that possible to enable? im pretty sure i saw that in a earlier release.

about this
LordHoto wrote:I can't reproduce this with my iPhone 3G in touchpad mode. Clicking on a different screen spot, won't make the cursor jump for me unless I actually move my finger. But the latter is the intended behavior anyway.
yes it is when you actually move your finger on the screen, then it will jump in a the way you choose but like a lag and not smooth - i can try to illustrate it..
i don't see the same "jump" on a android.

it's bad illustrated but i hope you get it.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

CandyFace wrote: touchpad mode?
does that mean that the mouse is pointing where you are clicking on the screen?
if not is that possible to enable? im pretty sure i saw that in a earlier release.
Touchpad mode is the default mode. It means it will move the mouse relative to your finger movement on the screen.

The mode you talk about is the touchscreen mode. You can enable this by touching the screen and sliding another finger from left to right.
CandyFace wrote:
LordHoto wrote:I can't reproduce this with my iPhone 3G in touchpad mode. Clicking on a different screen spot, won't make the cursor jump for me unless I actually move my finger. But the latter is the intended behavior anyway.
yes it is when you actually move your finger on the screen, then it will jump in a the way you choose but like a lag and not smooth - i can try to illustrate it..
i don't see the same "jump" on a android.

it's bad illustrated but i hope you get it.
I see what you mean, I was able to reproduce this when you move your finger directly (probably something around < 0.2s) after touching the screen it seems. When I touched the screen and waited shortly, this wasn't an issue for me.
CandyFace

Post by CandyFace »

LordHoto wrote: Touchpad mode is the default mode. It means it will move the mouse relative to your finger movement on the screen.

The mode you talk about is the touchscreen mode. You can enable this by touching the screen and sliding another finger from left to right.
Awww awesome! i didn't know that ill remember that one, well that solves the problem in some ways.
LordHoto wrote: I see what you mean, I was able to reproduce this when you move your finger directly (probably something around < 0.2s) after touching the screen it seems. When I touched the screen and waited shortly, this wasn't an issue for me.
Hmm okay, well it might just be me but i just feel it could be better, as i said before: android doesn't have this "issue".
anyway even if it's not an issue for you, do you think it can get any better?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

CandyFace wrote: Hmm okay, well it might just be me but i just feel it could be better, as i said before: android doesn't have this "issue".
anyway even if it's not an issue for you, do you think it can get any better?
It might get improved.