Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Location: West Sussex, UK
You don't give much information but I suspect your mac is running on MacOS X Lion and that you have found that bug. There are several ways out of it, some of which are given in the link I gave above. To make it simple you can do one of the following:
1) Get a nightly build. The fullscreen bug should be fixed on those so you can play in all the fullscreen glory. Note: the latest ScummVM version may also work (I don't remember if the fix was applied in this release or not), so if you have a version older than 1.4.1 and are afraid of 'nightly builds' you may also try the latest stable release from http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/
2) Start ScummVM from the terminal with --no-fullscreen, then go to the Options and uncheck the fullscreen so that in the future you can start it normally and it will not be fullscreen.
To start ScummVM from the terminal:
- open the Terminal application
- drag and drop the ScummVM application on the Terminal window
- remove the space at the end of the line and add "/Contents/MacOS/scummvm --no-fullscreen" (without the quote). For example if ScummVM is in your Applications folder you should now have a line reading: /Applications/ScummVM.app/Contents/MacOS/scummvm --no-fullscreen
- press return
3) Edit the preference file directly. There are indication on how to do that in the first link I gave.