Sideloading to Kindle Fire?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rlaundry

Sideloading to Kindle Fire?

Post by rlaundry »

Hi All,
I'm trying to figure out how to get this awesome app loaded onto my Fire and having issues. I have it running on my HTC Inspire phone no problem.

I was able to sideload the app itself and install it. I also sideloaded all the plug-ins from my phone, and put them in the same directory as they were in the phone. The problem is that when I try to run it on the Fire, a pop-up message tells me that no plug-ins were found.

Where should the plug-in files be installed so that the app can find them?

Thanks in advance!
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sideloading to Kindle Fire?

Post by fuzzie »

rlaundry wrote:I was able to sideload the app itself and install it. I also sideloaded all the plug-ins from my phone, and put them in the same directory as they were in the phone. The problem is that when I try to run it on the Fire, a pop-up message tells me that no plug-ins were found.
Did you install the plugins from their .apk files, or did you copy the .so files from somewhere? If you copied the .so files directly then you might have to set your plugin path, but I would recommend just installing the .apk files (there's no need to get them from your phone, you can download a zip file with them all from our download page).
rlaundry

Post by rlaundry »

fuzzie wrote: I would recommend just installing the .apk files (there's no need to get them from your phone, you can download a zip file with them all from our download page).
I had looked for them, but I guess i'm not sure what they are called on the site here. Is it the "Android Packages" zip file?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

rlaundry wrote:I had looked for them, but I guess i'm not sure what they are called on the site here. Is it the "Android Packages" zip file?
Yes - it's just a zip file with the packages (.apk files) inside.
rlaundry

Post by rlaundry »

Great! I'll get that and play around some more tonight, hopefully. How about the ScummVM .apk itself? Am I best off with the current stable version from the Android market, or a current daily build?