iPhone 4S - Cursor Issues with Portrait Mode

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DarthGuybrush

iPhone 4S - Cursor Issues with Portrait Mode

Post by DarthGuybrush »

Whenever I run ScummVM on ios5 I have a verify difficult time navigating the menus in portrait mode because the cursor does not actually react in the spot where it is displayed. Instead, the spot where the cursor displays actually corresponds to a spot nowhere near it.

I think somehow the cursor is actually utilizing all the space behind the keyboard rather than keeping in line with the screen ratio of portrait mode.

As soon as I turn to landscape it's fine.

Oddly, the cursor does not present an issue in portrait mode while running a game, it's only the GUI that I cannot work with in portrait.

And trying to rename a game title is a nightmare as I have to be in portrait mode to bring up the keyboard but I can barely edit because I have to guess which spot the cursor THINKS its at rather than where I see it.

I've seen no posts at all regarding this so I am wondering if this is actually a bug/limitation in the software or if something's just messed up with my configuration. I've attempted reinstalling from cydia but no change. I have not tried a total uninstall yet but I hesitate to do that because I have spent a lot of time manually adding games (since there is no mass add option).

Please help!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

That should be fixed in a current daily build, which you can grab from here: http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
lukeman3000
Got a warning

Post by lukeman3000 »

LordHoto wrote:That should be fixed in a current daily build, which you can grab from here: http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
That's great, but how do I install this on my iPad 3?

I have the same problem. Cursor doesn't seem to work properly on the iPad 3 when in portrait mode.
DarthGuybrush

Post by DarthGuybrush »

Issue fixed perfectly after replacing cydia version with recent build. Thanks for the tip!