Feeble Files & Simon 1 not recognized - scumm1.4.1/andr4

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fsyy

Feeble Files & Simon 1 not recognized - scumm1.4.1/andr4

Post by fsyy »

Hi,

on my ICS 4.0.4 mobile, Feeble Files & Simon 1 aren't detected. AGOS plugin is installed. On Ubuntu (self compiled ScummVM) it's detected. Wether i use the compressed or the default version of The Feeble Files.

Any hints or places i could have a look at?

P.S.: some additional info :)

Device: Galaxy Nexus
Kernel: Franco.kernel 3.0.8-Milestone2
ScummVM + Plugins: 1.4.1 (from Download section)
Games: compressed by ScummVM-tools / also tried original version

other games like Monkey Island 1,2,3, Indiana Jones - Fate Atlantis, Sam & Max work just fine...

seems there is some trouble using the AGOS plugin.
Marty1

Any news?

Post by Marty1 »

Hi,

I have the same problem fsyy described.

:arrow: Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 are not found on my Android mobile (on Windows the same files are recognized without any problem by ScummVM).

My configuration:
Device: ViewSonic V350
ScummVM 1.4.1
Engines: SCUMM + AGOS

And here's a list of the files in my game folders:

Simon 1:
GAMEPC
ICON.DAT
SFXXXX(02-29)
SIMON.GME
SIMON.WAV
STRIPPED.TXT
TBLLIST

Simon 2:
GSPTR30
ICON.DAT
SIMON2.GME
SIMON2.WAV
STRIPPED.TXT
TBLLIST

Can anyone help? Will there be a fix for the AGOS engine? :?:

Thanks in advance!
Timiditas

Post by Timiditas »

I second this.
AGOS support still seems to be broken with 1.5, 1.6 and also latest nightly from buildbot (which by the way crashes immediately after reading the plugin list. I used the latest agos plugin with the 'older' 1.6 main apk).
Phone is a Galaxy S1 with android 2.3

I tried the original DOS- as well as the windows versions from gog.com of Simon 1 and 2. None are recognized while all of the exact same files are happily used by the windows build.

Note that my phone is not rooted or modified in any way.
Addendum: ScummVM DOES show in the about dialogue that the Agos-plugin is available.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Timiditas: Mixing main engine apks and plugins from different versions is not at all recommended and likely to cause odd behaviour, failures and crashes.

I assume you are doing this as the current android-master is broken on Android 2.3 due to the OUYA updates. Will try to fix this in a bit, so you can just test with the latest v1.7.0git android master nightly. AGOS detection was having issues due to a broken workaround for a ISO9660 mastering issue:
http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/6506/

You should be able to fix as a workaround with the v1.6.0 main and AGOS engine plugin by renaming the relevant datafiles to have no trailing dot.
Timiditas

Post by Timiditas »

digitall wrote:Timiditas: Mixing main engine apks and plugins from different versions is not at all recommended and likely to cause odd behaviour, failures and crashes.
I kind of thought that, and don't recommend this to anyone reading this. I just wanted to test the newer plugin.
digitall wrote: I assume you are doing this as the current android-master is broken on Android 2.3 due to the OUYA updates. Will try to fix this in a bit, so you can just test with the latest v1.7.0git android master nightly. AGOS detection was having issues due to a broken workaround for a ISO9660 mastering issue:

You should be able to fix as a workaround with the v1.6.0 main and AGOS engine plugin by renaming the relevant datafiles to have no trailing dot.
Sorry if this sounds stupid but I wouldn't even know how to do that since none of the software I tested shows a trailing dot behind the files without extension. I also tried to do it via FTPdroid directly on the phone as well as some file manager apps. None showed a dot. The windows console also let me adress these files by stating their names with as well as without a dot, which is kind of undeterministic :(
Think I'll just wait for a fix.
Thanks for your feedback, very appreciated.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Timiditas: Have committed fix for earlier versions of Android to master repository... Assuming this builds successfully, the next nightly v1.7.0git development build should work on your Android 2.3 device:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

Please can you try this, firstly removing all current ScummVM engine and plugins from your device (Settings->Apps->All) and then install the ScummVM main.apk. If you can first try this with say Flight of the Amazon Queen which is freeware on our download page using the queen plugin and confirm here if the master now runs for you.

Then see if with the AGOS plugin, your observed bug with Simon detection is still present...
Timiditas

Post by Timiditas »

scummvm android-master-46b7c1fd still crashing after reading plugin list (only queen engine installed)
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I said "the NEXT nightly build" that was from last night and thus will not have the fix in. Check the timestamps in the zip file or on the launcher screen. You will have to wait until the nightly at 4am UTC tomorrow finishes.
Timiditas

Post by Timiditas »

Sorry I am not that proficient concerning this developer stuff. All I noticed that there was a newer nightly available than the one that I tested before you first replied to this thread so I thought it was already the update you had me to try.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

No problem. Just check that the timestamp is after 2014-02-21 16:29:23 and this is development (master). The fix will then be present and should work... You are testing as I have no Android 2.3 device! :) (I will sort out a emulator setup of 2.3 for future testing).
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

@digitall: Since you have access to buildbot, why don't you just make a build before checking the code in so it can be tested? Committing untested code really isn't good practice.
Timiditas

Post by Timiditas »

android-master-7c69516c timestamp is 22.02.2014 4:45am
Still crashing after reading plugins.

Phone info
Model:
GT-I9003
Firmware:
I99003XXLE4
Kernel
2.6.35.7-CL1135264
se.infra@SEP-40 #1
Build
GINGERBREAD.XXLE4

If I can help you in any way just say it.
Maybe it should push a log with some debug info onto /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/
Since my phone is not rooted, I have no access to the scummvm-installation directory.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

@clone2727: Since I have no Android 2.3 device I could not test it anyway.
I know you have one. Could you test and see if this now works please?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

digitall wrote:@clone2727: Since I have no Android 2.3 device I could not test it anyway.
I know you have one. Could you test and see if this now works please?
Not for a while. I have to update the NDK. (And since it didn't work for him/her, why would it work for me?)

I know you have no device, so why didn't you ask someone to test before committing?
Timiditas

Post by Timiditas »

I can test as often as you want as long as I'm home (worktime is 5am to 15pm gmt +1) so feel free to abuse me as tester. :P