iOs Savegames on PC?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chameleon

iOs Savegames on PC?

Post by Chameleon »

Sorry if there are already topics about this specific issue, I couldn't find any...

So I started playing Monkey Island 3 on my Computer and then thought maybe I could just copy the savegame to my iPod so I could keep playing wherever I am. So I did that using SSH and it worked without any problems, I could just open the PC-Savegame and play on my iPod.
Now later, I wanted to play the same Savegame on my Computer again. So I copied it back and tried to open it, but it didn't work and the name of the savegame was "Invalid Version". It's like that with every game, not just Monkey 3. I own all these games legally, even though I don't think that has anything to do with that.

In some threads I found while searching for this issue someone said that you should be able to use the savegames cross-platform since they're the same format or something.

So my question: Is it actually possible to open iOs savegames on PC at all? And if yes: How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance :)
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

This usually happens when the two versions of ScummVM are different.
Click the "about" button in the main ScummVM screen to check the versions and make sure they are the same.

Saves from an old version will work in the new version saves in a new version will not work in an old version.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

ahh... Thanks! They're indeed two different versions. I'll update my PC Version right away ;D
Thanks for the quick help :)