New adventure game from the creators of MI and DoT

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scoriae

New adventure game from the creators of MI and DoT

Post by scoriae »

http://kotaku.com/5883566/the-creators- ... nture-game

Tim Schaffer is running a kickstarter project, with different benefit levels. For 50k you can be a character, or for $150k yu can have an original shrink wrapped DoT in the triangle box, hehe.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Hmm, do I want to be in the credits or not? :P
sirlemonhead

Post by sirlemonhead »

Thanks for letting me know about this. Threw in $100 :)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Aaaaand... they are way over the goal already. Nice.
maximus

Post by maximus »

I had to get in on this too :P
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

I considered donating $100 to be in the credits... and then saw 1500 people already had. I'm thinking I don't want to have to search for my name with a magnifying glass =)
grim107

Post by grim107 »

As of now, they've about doubled what they were hoping to achieve. I'm going to donate for sure. Let's bring the adventure game genre back once and for all!
shurlogg

Post by shurlogg »

Fun fact for the Germans here: Boris Schneider-Johne (translator for all Lucasfilm Games adventures from 1987 until 1992) has offered to do the German localisation for free (source: Twitter). So far, it's only an offer, but Tim Schafer said he "passed that offer on to the right people" (source: Twitter again).

Since the German translations for current US-made adventure games haven't been all that great (which particularly sucks on platforms on which you have to change the complete system's language in order to get a single game to run in English, e.g. XBox 360 or iOS), this could be very good news.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

$1.3 mil.

stefan81

Post by stefan81 »

shurlogg wrote:Fun fact for the Germans here: Boris Schneider-Johne (translator for all Lucasfilm Games adventures from 1987 until 1992) has offered to do the German localisation for free (source: Twitter). So far, it's only an offer, but Tim Schafer said he "passed that offer on to the right people" (source: Twitter again).

Since the German translations for current US-made adventure games haven't been all that great (which particularly sucks on platforms on which you have to change the complete system's language in order to get a single game to run in English, e.g. XBox 360 or iOS), this could be very good news.
ah that guy is a legend , ill never for the intel benzium race
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

does scummvm support it yet?

:wink: amazing news, thanks for sharing!
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

It will be released for Linux, yay :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFKwplDBmgg
Mim

Post by Mim »

And DRM-free. :D
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

They just added some new rewards. From the update email:

The Digital Soundtrack of the Documentary ($30 reward tier) Listen to the awesome game soundtrack at the same time as the awesome documentary soundtrack! I don’t know if that makes sense, or if it’s even medically advisable, but at least this way you have the option!

Special edition box containing both the game disc and a DVD/Blu-Ray of the documentary ($100 reward tier) Perhaps you’re not hip to this digital download craze. Or maybe you just like really nice boxes to put on your mantel so that your guests might linger and admire them while you pour another scotch. Either way, this is gonna be suuuper rad.

The Double Fine Adventure Book ($60 reward tier for a digital PDF, $500 reward tier for a physical copy) WTF? ART? In your MFing HANDS? Whoa Nellie, this is an exciting new development! Filled with concept art, developer bios, excerpts from the game’s script, and deep dark secrets, this book will further expand on this entire adventure. It will be made available both as a super nice, mantel-ready hardcover book in the $500 reward tier, and as a digital PDF in the $60 reward tier for people who just want to read it on the crapper with their iPads.

I just boosted my pledge to $100.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

I'd love a boxed copy of the game... but $110 (to the UK) is just too large a sum to layout. There's not enough detail on just where the $85 increase is being used (obviously I can understand the additional $10 shipping cost to the UK).