ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PocketPC/WinCE Port > ipaq hx4700 memory problems
ipaq hx4700 memory problems
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
JCDenton

ipaq hx4700 memory problems 

Hey guys

I know this is a very unsupported platform now but I recently acquired an hx4700, flashed to wm5. I have successfully got the Win CE port to work in it running from a 2Gb SD card. (scummvm engine files are on the card itself, not on the pocket pc, so I should have all of the base memory free... I hope)

Some games run just fine (Amazon Queen, The Dig) but some (Loom and Broken Sword 2) fail with Assertion errors.

I read in some previous posts that Fingolfin suggested assertion errors are due to memory issues. Fair comment. However even when running the scummvm3 file, I still cannot get BS2 to run.

A shame really, I would liketo play this game on the road, any ideas or am I doomed to buying a more modern device to take with me Sad

edit: sorry, forgot to mention that I downloaded the latest version of the CE port from the scummvm website, version 1.4.0

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:56 pm 
JCDenton

: update :

Seems to be the sound files causing issues, too large. If anybody stil reading this thread, I will try on my other hx4700 using WinCE 2003 SE to see if it is the o/s hogging resources or just plain lack of memory.

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:54 am 
Reply to topic