Compiling 1.4.0 in XCode, official SDK

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sir_Fox

Compiling 1.4.0 in XCode, official SDK

Post by Sir_Fox »

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the later releases in Xcode, but on any release > 1.2.0, the build fails. Seems the scummvm.xcodeproj is outdated and out of sync with the rest of the tree. The create_project tool(which does compile in Xcode) only creates an empty Xcode project, with only targets and no file references. As 1.4.0 is released for iPhone, i assume there is a way of doing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MrPerphekt

Takes some work

Post by MrPerphekt »

I finally just managed to get the master branch to build today. It takes quite a bit of work. First I went and removed all the files that no longer exist from the project (the red ones) and then I had to go through every directory in the project and add the files that were missing in the project but existed on disk (not all files on disk are for iOS so you'll have to eliminate those that don't compile). Then I had to add library references that were missing (UIKit etc). It definitely takes quite a bit of work to get the project up to date. I can't say for sure that my end product is a complete build of ScummVM due to me having to disable the SCI engine because of linker errors and I didn't add the other engines that existed on disk but not in the project. However, I am playing Day of the Tentacle on my iPad right now. I don't want to check in what I have to the Git repository because, A.) I'm new to iOS development (I'm a C#/C++ guy) and possibly could have effed things up and B.) I didn't include all the engines. However, if you tell me what files I need to send you (ie: xcodeproj, etc) and where to send them I would gladly do so.
metaneutrons

Post by metaneutrons »

Hi there,

would you please share your working XCode project with us?

Kind regards,
Fabian
MrPerphekt

Just submitted my xcode project as a patch request

Post by MrPerphekt »

Hi all,

I just submitted my xcode project as a patch request in the SourceForge Tracker. If you want to grab it you can get it from there. Just look under tracker and you'll see my request with the project attached.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=418822
josejulio

Post by josejulio »

Could you please specify the tag/revision it compiles? i have been trying but i get lots of "file not found errors", I guess that is a revision between 1.4.1 and 1.5.0 versions, as in your xcode project it requires the file: engines/scumm/player_apple2.cpp (which seems to be added after 1.4.1) and audio/softsynth/i386.cpp (wich seems to be removed in 1.5.0)
Thanks in advance
MrPerphekt

Post by MrPerphekt »

Hi Jose,

My project was for the 1.4.0 branch. Of course, at the time that was the master branch so things could have changed before they moved on to 1.4.1. When I first started working on it there were a ton of file errors usually because the file wasn't in the project but did exist on disk. Most of the work was getting the project to match the disk structure/files and then fixing a few minor pieces of code. You'll need my version of plugins.cpp which is also available under my patch request. My best advice is, if it can't find the file, remove it from the project and see if it compiles then run it and see if it works. Was lots of trial and error for me and I only focused on the scumm engine because that was all I really cared about at the time.
josejulio

Post by josejulio »

Thanks i'll check it out that way, also scummvm is what i care for, and also i'll like to add the multitasking support and another kind of GUI on my spare (which is really reduced right now) time