Space Quest 6 problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sergmain

Space Quest 6 problem

Post by Sergmain »

Hello

I've tried to install SQ6 and after selecting the dir with game I get only "Sierra SCI Game (DOS/English)". And as a result this game isn't launched.

Where is problem?

Space Quest 6 from Steam distrib and other game (sq3-5) work fine.

ScummVM 1.4
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I was under the impression that ScummVM simply doesn't support Space Quest 6 yet.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

nkrdbl

Post by nkrdbl »

Hello ScummVM community.

I apologize for bumping this old thread from January 2012, but thought it would be better to reply to this one instead of creating a new one

Seeing how this thread has not been updated in over a year, I was wondering if we would ever get the chance to play Space Quest 6 (and/or Police Quest 4) through ScummVM on android. Is this sort of a lost cause at this point?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

nkrdbl wrote:Hello ScummVM community.

I apologize for bumping this old thread from January 2012, but thought it would be better to reply to this one instead of creating a new one

Seeing how this thread has not been updated in over a year, I was wondering if we would ever get the chance to play Space Quest 6 (and/or Police Quest 4) through ScummVM on android. Is this sort of a lost cause at this point?
Both Space Quest 6 and Police Quest 4 use a newer and rewritten version of the Sierra SCI engine, code named "SCI32". Support for this newer version is in progress. Since large parts of this have been rewritten, all that we can say is, please be patient